plans for the summer before MS1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hawkenthesky

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m going to have 1.5ish-2 months free before med school starts this summer, and I’m looking for inspiration for fun things to do or plan. I’m curious what other people are planning to do or have done the summer before MS1?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’m going to have 1.5ish-2 months free before med school starts this summer, and I’m looking for inspiration for fun things to do or plan. I’m curious what other people are planning to do or have done the summer before MS1?
I saved money from my job and lived in Ecuador for a month. It only happened because I knew a friend there and I found a round trip flight for about $300!

Reactions: 1 users
I saved money from my job and lived in Ecuador for a month. It only happened because I knew a friend there and I found a round trip flight for about $300!
Yeah I’ve been working for 2 years since graduation and have a bit saved up too so I’d love to travel a bit, but all of my friends are working full time and no one has enough vacation days to go on a big trip!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure what your budget is but definitely take a trip to Dubai. Unforgettable and surreal.

Get to a 500lb squat

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I’ve been working for 2 years since graduation and have a bit saved up too so I’d love to travel a bit, but all of my friends are working full time and no one has enough vacation days to go on a big trip!
I’m in the same boat and planned a huge Europe trip for 4 weeks through one of those travel companies since none of my friends can afford to take off of work for that long. Definitely do it, it’s gonna be a while before we have the chance to take long vacations again

I’m in the same boat and planned a huge Europe trip for 4 weeks through one of those travel companies since none of my friends can afford to take off of work for that long. Definitely do it, it’s gonna be a while before we have the chance to take long vacations again
I did this exact thing for 14ish days and it was amazing. Also have solo traveled a lot around Europe and it’s relatively affordable to do so. I plan on having a nice trip and a lot of family time before ms1, but I already graduated so the next 6 months are pretty open

Take a memorable trip with your family if you all get along. This may be the very last hurrah in that regard. If you can include or visit extended family, that would be great, too. For the next several years, “free weeks” are going to be preciously rare.

If you have money to also do a suggested adventure trip, that would be great, too.

With that much time, if you have budget, you could do a few things and be “tan and rested” for orientation. :D

I did this exact thing for 14ish days and it was amazing. Also have solo traveled a lot around Europe and it’s relatively affordable to do so. I plan on having a nice trip and a lot of family time before ms1, but I already graduated so the next 6 months are pretty open

What company did you guys use? I was thinking about maybe doing one of those too!

Does anyone else’s school start in mid July :/ half summer I guess

My daughter went on one of the trips (a few years ago) with Contiki also. It is a nice reputable company. Been in the business of college age/young adult tours for quite a long time. If you prefer to go on an organized trip rather than a self led one, Contiki is a great choice.

Reactions: 1 users