Plastic laryngoscope blades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CueDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else ever use these things? If so, have any problems? We have started using them and I personally think they suck but I would like to hear others experiences

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone else ever use these things? If so, have any problems? We have started using them and I personally think they suck but I would like to hear others experiences

I don't like them but I have gotten used to them.+

I dont like em. They are better than the Nerf laryngoscopy set available at Toys R Us, but not much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im assuming (a bad thing), you mean the plastic ones like the fiberoptic. If so, I hate them, actually had one break 5 or 6 yrs ago. They say they are rigid and strong, but all the ones I used had a little wobble with them..

Great light but nothing worse than the the flimsy plastic blade popping off when you need a little more torque.

´nuff said.

I´m almost to the point of stealing from my 2nd job to stock my first. But I rarely get to tube at my first job anyway, being an academic attg.

We have some awesome disposable metal ones we use on the helicopter. The light is super bright and they work great. The only problem is I feel really bad throwing them out because they are too nice.

´nuff said.

But I rarely get to tube at my first job anyway, being an academic attg.

So true. or the only ones you get are the really bad ones that no one can get. ;)

Hate them as well, I feel like I have no control.

The only good plastic blade I've used is attached to the glidescope.

Plastic blades = the suck

I think they are fine when you get used to them becuase the lighting is excellent compared to a bulb.

However, you have to make sure they snap securely into the handle. I've seen them fall off with little force on about 4 different occasions because they didn't "click" in properly.