CueDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Status
Does anyone else ever use these things? If so, have any problems? We have started using them and I personally think they suck but I would like to hear others experiences

roja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
NYC--->San Francisco
Status
Attending Physician
Does anyone else ever use these things? If so, have any problems? We have started using them and I personally think they suck but I would like to hear others experiences

I don't like them but I have gotten used to them.+

kungfufishing

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I dont like em. They are better than the Nerf laryngoscopy set available at Toys R Us, but not much.

medicRN669

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2003
Baton Rouge
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Im assuming (a bad thing), you mean the plastic ones like the fiberoptic. If so, I hate them, actually had one break 5 or 6 yrs ago. They say they are rigid and strong, but all the ones I used had a little wobble with them..

docB

Chronically painful
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
Status
Attending Physician
I've found them to be springy and flimsy.

corpsmanUP

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2005
Status
Great light but nothing worse than the the flimsy plastic blade popping off when you need a little more torque.

beyond all hope

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
´nuff said.

I´m almost to the point of stealing from my 2nd job to stock my first. But I rarely get to tube at my first job anyway, being an academic attg.

crewmaster1

Nattitwo
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2005
The Great Northwest
Status
Attending Physician
We have some awesome disposable metal ones we use on the helicopter. The light is super bright and they work great. The only problem is I feel really bad throwing them out because they are too nice.

24IdaFire

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hate them as well, I feel like I have no control.

Egon

10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
I think they are fine when you get used to them becuase the lighting is excellent compared to a bulb.

However, you have to make sure they snap securely into the handle. I've seen them fall off with little force on about 4 different occasions because they didn't "click" in properly.