Playing politics to make milmed changes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FizbanZymogen

Guitar Hero Champion
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here goes. Most of these stories of milmed meltdown are being published and pushed by the left leaning media with part of the purpose being to make the republicans and Bush look like idiots (they may not be far from the truth but thats another debate). Regardless of their motivations they are getting noticed and heads are rolling. If we want to continue to make some serious changes then we're going to have to play politics with these issues. The liberal left would like nothing more than to come in, point out the problems with the military (especailly milmed) and make the republicans who are supposed to be the military party look like fools. Those of you who are practicing physicians in the military right now need to contact these left leaning publications (New York Times, Washington Post, L.A. Times etc....) and tell your stories. At this point its politics as usual but if you keep feeding the fire who knows what could happen! Flame on.........

Members don't see this ad.

Here goes. Most of these stories of milmed meltdown are being published and pushed by the left leaning media with part of the purpose being to make the republicans and Bush look like idiots (they may not be far from the truth but thats another debate). Regardless of their motivations they are getting noticed and heads are rolling. If we want to continue to make some serious changes then we're going to have to play politics with these issues. The liberal left would like nothing more than to come in, point out the problems with the military (especailly milmed) and make the republicans who are supposed to be the military party look like fools. Those of you who are practicing physicians in the military right now need to contact these left leaning publications (New York Times, Washington Post, L.A. Times etc....) and tell your stories. At this point its politics as usual but if you keep feeding the fire who knows what could happen! Flame on.........

You seem to be using politics as an excuse to do something about a problem that seems to be getting worse and worse. Who cares if you're a democrat or republican. The problems with milmed have occured under both houses, and what people need to do if they want to effect a change, is just what we have been doing.

I happen to agree that Bush is an idiot, and is ruining the country, but that's a completely different story.

You seem to be using politics as an excuse to do something about a problem that seems to be getting worse and worse. Who cares if you're a democrat or republican. The problems with milmed have occured under both houses, and what people need to do if they want to effect a change, is just what we have been doing.

I happen to agree that Bush is an idiot, and is ruining the country, but that's a completely different story.

exactly!! I'm just saying lets use this vehicle that's been given to us to cause change (let the parties destroy themselves).

Members don't see this ad :)
So let me get this straight: the thousands of posts on this board detailing how far short military medicine is falling...these are all part of some vast left-wing media conspiracy?

Don't tell me, the Jews are controlling the media and weather too, right?

And if you misguided aim was to try and prop up the Republicans: military physicians coming out in force with stories of how broken the system is...how does that help?

Maybe you should start thinking for yourself instead of regurgitating Sean Hannity's talking points.

I'm all for making hay while the sun shines. The spot light is on this problem, and as others have said, now is the time to become the squeaky wheel in search of oil. Do it because you want to fix the system, not because you're an idiot that thinks there's a left-wing media conspiracy.

And in contrast to Galo, I think anyone who doesn't know Bush personally, yet calls him an idiot based on nothing more than pundit caricatures, is themselves an idiot :laugh: (no offense, bro)

But on one thing we agree: milmed is in trouble, and has been going downhill for a number of years.

And absolutely yes, both parties in congress have had a hand in it... nobody is innocent on this deal.

So let me get this straight: the thousands of posts on this board detailing how far short military medicine is falling...these are all part of some vast left-wing media conspiracy?

Don't tell me, the Jews are controlling the media and weather too, right?

And if you misguided aim was to try and prop up the Republicans: military physicians coming out in force with stories of how broken the system is...how does that help?

Maybe you should start thinking for yourself instead of regurgitating Sean Hannity's talking points.

I'm all for making hay while the sun shines. The spot light is on this problem, and as others have said, now is the time to become the squeaky wheel in search of oil. Do it because you want to fix the system, not because you're an idiot that thinks there's a left-wing media conspiracy.

Dude, can you read? I never said anything about people posting on this board being part of a left-wing conspiracy. Pull your head out of your @$$ and read a little more carefully next time. I did say that the left-wing media is loving this milmed fiasco becuase their grouping it in with the war in Iraq mess. As such if you want to continue to expose milmed and its problems then feeding their desire is one way to get the problems with milmed in the forefront. I am not trying to bash people on this forum regardless of party affiliation (both parties can kiss my @$$ though) I am trying to encourage people who want change to contact these media outlets with their stories so the fight for change can continue.

peace:cool:

And in contrast to Galo, I think anyone who doesn't know Bush personally, yet calls him an idiot based on nothing more than pundit caricatures, is themselves an idiot :laugh: (no offense, bro)

But on one thing we agree: milmed is in trouble, and has been going downhill for a number of years.

And absolutely yes, both parties in congress have had a hand in it... nobody is innocent on this deal.

Excuse me, but Bush has no doubt been the most ineffective and destructive president we have had. He's lured us into a war based on false information, has made no effort to do anything productive in his presidency, and like Bill Maher says, he's not a reader. I don't have to know him personally to form the opinion of the majority of the world that he is a complete idiot.

I gotta agree with Galo on this one (and no I'm not a democrat or a republican).

"Like Bill Maher says"...

Relax, Galo...It's cool. :rolleyes: Think whatever you want.

If you just want to insult the man, then have at it, with my blessing; vent your spleen. I would, however, attempt to distinguish your name-calling from any realistic assessment of the man's mental ability. I'm not thrilled with everything Bush has done in the last six years either, but I'm also of the opinion that he's not nearly as dumb as everyone would like to think, and I also think he uses that to his own advantage.

Whatever... take all the shots you want; you're cleared hot.

If you just want to insult the man, then have at it, with my blessing; vent your spleen. I would, however, attempt to distinguish your name-calling from any realistic assessment of the man's mental ability. I'm not thrilled with everything Bush has done in the last six years either, but I'm also of the opinion that he's not nearly as dumb as everyone would like to think, and I also think he uses that to his own advantage.

Bush gave a graduation speech at Yale a couple of years ago. In it he said "for those of you graduating with a C average: you too could someday be president of the United States of America"

I'm pretty sure that anyone that graduates from med school with at least a B average can get a C average at Yale. So that objectively makes most of the people reading this smarter than Bush.

OK. I'll just stick to the facts. Since this is not a forum for political discussion I will keep my opinion of Bushy to myself and limit myself to the purpose of this forum. Let's see what we can collectively do about the problems facing milmed now and for a long time coming.