Playing sports 8 days post-surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmss22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I had arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus in my right knee 8 days ago. I have a basketball game that I really want to play in today. Am I able to play?

I also have a friend who broke his nose in a game, but returned just several minutes later. If he can do it, why can't I?

Members don't see this ad.

I think this counts as soliciting medical advice, which is a no-no on these forums.

If Brandon Roy can do it, why can't you?

Basically whatever others have said above.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I had arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus in my right knee 8 days ago. I have a basketball game that I really want to play in today. Am I able to play?

I also have a friend who broke his nose in a game, but returned just several minutes later. If he can do it, why can't I?

Can I have your autograph? And maybe a couple of hundred G's? Then I'll give you sound medical advice, Mr. Roy. :laugh:

Can I have your autograph? And maybe a couple of hundred G's? Then I'll give you sound medical advice, Mr. Roy. :laugh:

Haha, you figured me out. :D But it's pretty crazy that someone can play 8 days after surgery. You don't hear normal people doing that.

These playoffs have been crazy thus far. And it's only the first round!

Haha, you figured me out. :D But it's pretty crazy that someone can play 8 days after surgery. You don't hear normal people doing that.

These playoffs have been crazy thus far. And it's only the first round!

Ya, it's pretty crazy. I do hope he doesn't have any long-term side effects.

NBA playoffs are just great to watch: I love this game.

Well, this joke clearly went right over my head. Shows how much I know about sports....

Status
Not open for further replies.