PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE RESPOND: I HAVE A MAJOR QUESTION ABOUT THE AUG MCAT AND AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DZT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I put a post about this before but apparently very few have responded (thanks vyc!). I need to know that if I submit my AMCAS now and plan to retake the August MCAT, is my application thrown aside and not considered at all until the new score comes, or do they consider the application and send out secondaries and give interviews, and simply wait for the MCAT scores for a go ahead on acceptance.
I'm in some pretty bad shoes. I have a 3.75 GPA and everything was going perfectly until I got a 29S on my April MCAT (6VR,12BS,11PS, S WS). My extracurriculars and clinical activities are great, but one tiny thing is f#$king me over right now. I just hope that they will look at this over one tiny subscore messup.

Members don't see this ad.

Relax...I think it depends on the school. Some schools send out secondaries w/- even looking at your app (pro). Some schools do put your application on hold until all scores are received (con). I think MSAR lists which schools fall into which category. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.

Each school is different, so you'll have to call them all individually to see what they will do. In general, most will send a secondary, some will grant an interview, and very few, if any, will grant an acceptance.