please advise me on which courses to take over this summer.. and fall too??

alleyez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2003
    I'm finishing up my second year at a state university
    I started as a engineering major so I'm a bit behind.

after this semester, i will be done with bio 1 and 2, chem 1 and 2, physics 1 + lab, statistics, calc 1, and rest were gen ed courses.

I need to get back on track and catch up. I'm a biology major by the way.

so for the summer terms, I'm thinking of taking physics 2 + lab, and organic 1 + lab ... what else should I take?

Apparition

1K Member
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    May 6, 2002
      Physics II is a good class to take over the summer. I took both parts and it went well. Organic I is also doable especially if it's the only class. I wouldn't take anything else with these two.

alleyez

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Nov 15, 2003
        Originally posted by Apparition
        Physics II is a good class to take over the summer. I took both parts and it went well. Organic I is also doable especially if it's the only class. I wouldn't take anything else with these two.

so i guess physics 2 + lab and organic 1 + lab are the only classes im taking over the summer..

I was thinking of taking some gen ed courses that i might be interested in hmm... maybe too much ?

About the Ads

Apparition

1K Member
        10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        May 6, 2002
          Originally posted by alleyez
          so i guess physics 2 + lab and organic 1 + lab are the only classes im taking over the summer..

I was thinking of taking some gen ed courses that i might be interested in hmm... maybe too much ?

Gen ed courses often have a lot of assignments/papers that take take time to do. Unless, you know for sure (from friends?) that the class is not time consuming, I wouldn't take it in addition to either physics or orgo. Summer semester goes really fast and you need to spend many hours a week on the science classes to keep up, especially orgo.

ad_sharp

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Oct 20, 2003
          You never know
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            Ditto with the above posters. That sounds like a good schedule. You want to make sure that you understand Organic and Physics b/c you'll be seeing it again on the mcat. Don't dilute it with other courses. Just my 2 pennies.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.