please advise me on which courses to take over this summer.. and fall too??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alleyez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing up my second year at a state university
I started as a engineering major so I'm a bit behind.

after this semester, i will be done with bio 1 and 2, chem 1 and 2, physics 1 + lab, statistics, calc 1, and rest were gen ed courses.

I need to get back on track and catch up. I'm a biology major by the way.

so for the summer terms, I'm thinking of taking physics 2 + lab, and organic 1 + lab ... what else should I take?

Members don't see this ad.

Physics II is a good class to take over the summer. I took both parts and it went well. Organic I is also doable especially if it's the only class. I wouldn't take anything else with these two.

Originally posted by Apparition
Physics II is a good class to take over the summer. I took both parts and it went well. Organic I is also doable especially if it's the only class. I wouldn't take anything else with these two.

so i guess physics 2 + lab and organic 1 + lab are the only classes im taking over the summer..

I was thinking of taking some gen ed courses that i might be interested in hmm... maybe too much ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by alleyez
so i guess physics 2 + lab and organic 1 + lab are the only classes im taking over the summer..

I was thinking of taking some gen ed courses that i might be interested in hmm... maybe too much ?

Gen ed courses often have a lot of assignments/papers that take take time to do. Unless, you know for sure (from friends?) that the class is not time consuming, I wouldn't take it in addition to either physics or orgo. Summer semester goes really fast and you need to spend many hours a week on the science classes to keep up, especially orgo.

If you take a Gen Ed class with those 2 classes, I would recommend choosing the easiest of all professors. Definetely use www.ratemyprofessors.com for choosing the professor.

Ditto with the above posters. That sounds like a good schedule. You want to make sure that you understand Organic and Physics b/c you'll be seeing it again on the mcat. Don't dilute it with other courses. Just my 2 pennies.