Please advise on my scores!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canine777

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDNers,
I took the DAT yesterday and I really need advise on my scores.

PAT 19
QR 17 :oops: (I don't know what happened to my Math)
RC 16 :( (I am an ESL student)
BIO 20
CHEM 21
OCHEM 24
TS 22
AA 20

I have a overall GPA 3.69/ Sci 3.63 (B.S Biomedical Eng). I am working full-time and at the same time, i am doing microbio resarch by taking credit class. i have 100+ shadowing hours and some volunteerings. I don't what to do next. I am worried about my QR and RC scores. Would you guys please advise me about my situation?
thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Everything looks good to me. Maybe find out which schools emphasis is on the RC, and don't apply to those.

Hi SDNers,
I took the DAT yesterday and I really need advise on my scores.

PAT 19
QR 17 :oops: (I don't know what happened to my Math)
RC 16 :( (I am an ESL student)
BIO 20
CHEM 21
OCHEM 24
TS 22
AA 20

I have a overall GPA 3.69/ Sci 3.63 (B.S Biomedical Eng). I am working full-time and doing micro research. i have 100+ shadowing hours and some volunteerings. I don't what to do next. I am worried about my QR and RC scores. Would you guys please advise me about my situation?
thanks!:)

as soon as i saw your QR and RC scores, i started laughing. You are the fourth person with similar QR and RC scores doing Biomedical Engineering. For some reason we take QR for granted and RC !@#$%. Did you get the Ethics passage?
But you other scores and stats are great. Its good overall.
But i have 1 more point on GChem still my TS is 21 while yours is 22. uggh cant understand this scaled scores.

you will be fine. Gluck.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the reply! I will look at the schools which have RC cutoff scores. I know Indiana needs RC 18.

as soon as i saw your QR and RC scores, i started laughing. You are the fourth person with similar QR and RC scores doing Biomedical Engineering. For some reason we take QR for granted and RC !@#$%. Did you get the Ethics passage?
But you other scores and stats are great. Its good overall.
But i have 1 more point on GChem still my TS is 21 while yours is 22. uggh cant understand this scaled scores.

you will be fine. Gluck.

Thanks! I got one disease passage and another one about 'bridges' that has too many historical events and details. i messed up on that 'bridges' passage. :( What are your other scores if i may know?

Thanks! I got one disease passage and another one about 'bridges' that has too many historical events and details. i messed up on that 'bridges' passage. :( What are your other scores if i may know?

click on my pre-dents link below my Avatar.

Your stats are competitive for sure. Your AA and TS scores are great! I don't think many schools place high importance on QR, but the 16 in RC.....idk.......according to the ADEA official guide to dental schools for students entering in 09....i remember a few schools demanding at least a 16, and some 18 on RC. I wouldnt worry too much though. :thumbup:

I thought engineers are good at math (lol)

Ur stats are good! apply more than 10 schools to increase ur chance. My friend got 22/20/22 with RC 15, and he got accepted to NYU. If I were you, I wouldn't worry that much!
Gud Luck!

I'm a biomedical engineering major too. I scored a PAT 22, QR 16, RC 19, Bio 19, GC 23, OC 22, TS 21, AA 20. Dude, thank god i'm not the only engr who had some probs with the math.

I'm a biomedical engineering major too. I scored a PAT 22, QR 16, RC 19, Bio 19, GC 23, OC 22, TS 21, AA 20. Dude, thank god i'm not the only engr who had some probs with the math.

hahaha...well atleast you have a good RC score. I dont have that even:(

Ur stats are good! apply more than 10 schools to increase ur chance. My friend got 22/20/22 with RC 15, and he got accepted to NYU. If I were you, I wouldn't worry that much!
Gud Luck!

oh so i might have a chance too...thanks! Did he/she need to explain about his/her RC during interviews?

Gud Luck!

Your stats are competitive for sure. Your AA and TS scores are great! I don't think many schools place high importance on QR, but the 16 in RC.....idk.......according to the ADEA official guide to dental schools for students entering in 09....i remember a few schools demanding at least a 16, and some 18 on RC. I wouldnt worry too much though. :thumbup:

Thanks! it made me feel better...