1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Please any feedback of USMLEasy????????????

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Toroloco, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Toroloco

Toroloco Member
    5+ Year Member

Today I started with those questions and my scores are scattered. Please if someone is doing those questions or has done them already I'd like to know your feedback, scores, correlation with q bank etc.
    Thanks
    :eek:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FoxyDoc

FoxyDoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I've done some Q blocks along with some of my class material. I've also done some Q bank. USMLEasy are less vignette style and much more straight forward, but they sometimes ask about nit-picky $hit that I just don't know. I agree, the scores are rather variable and scattered.
    Overall, I'd say use it for more questions and as a learning tool and not something to correlate with Qbank or to the actual USMLE. It is FREE, so I guess you get what you pay for!

4. tuna

tuna New Member

I see the questions in usmleasy are really the same those question in Pretests

5. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

i thought usmleasy sucked.

for questions i would use webpath, qbank, robbins, and the nbme self assessments. if i used usmleasy at all, it would be for the cell bio sorts of questions.

6. Stinger86

Stinger86 Intern year? Ha!
    7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]

Agreed. I worked about 20 questions on usmleasy and felt like I was completely wasting my time. Questions are too simple (as in "one-neuron questions") and some are completely outlandish. The Q sources mentioned by souljah are much, much better.

7. Toroloco

Toroloco Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks guys for the feedback. When I started with these questions I felt bad b/c my scores were scattered and some questions like you said were so picky/stupid and not the contemp format. During the following blocks more than 30% of repetitive questions :mad: . Then at one point I realized that the questions were made more than 15 years ago. One of them was asking prognostic prevalence for lung cancer for 1995!!! :eek: as if the question had been made in early 90s, or who knows when :(
    Conclusions, guys, USMLeasy questions don't even worth 99c (at the 99c only stores) :thumbdown: