please any help .. really I start hate my life :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deniz_serifoglu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, even i don't know how to start :( but i have been around 2 years in San Diego, CA i was live in DUBAI btw i'm a Turkish woman so sorry if my post not logical. however, my problem is I'm still straggle to choose my MAJOR :( i spent all my time learning English at community college and finally i'm done with it and i took some general education as well as counseling, communication, history, and math. in the beginning i came here to study dentistry, but after many hours that i spent at dental clinic i hate it totally. my second plan is between pharmacy and accounting i know there are far from each other but i really like them. for example, my dream is to be a successful businesswoman no matter how! i like management a lot and i'm a leader person even when i took counseling class i did many personality assessment tests and all of them says i should be in management positions. on the other hand i really like health filed if you asked me why? i will say because i like help people and it a high class position. the problem is i DO NOT LIKE CHEMISTRY AT ALL and all science classes too even i'm good at it ( i majored in science at high school in my country because we should choose between scientific, literary section) however i very good at math right now i'm taking cal 2 as my first math class at community college based on my assessment test. to be frankly, paying ( money and social status is very important to me ) i know i shouldn't choose my career based on money but it is one of the most important things to me. i am studying to work to get money to live as i want. know i am 20 yrs and i want to graduate in 20's too. so please any help or advice to choose between double major in accounting and management or pharmacy as i mentioned before i want major/career that offers 100k or more. btw i'm not sure if i'm gonna back to Dubai or stay here.

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

not sure SDN is the place you really want to get management career advice

and these have to be the silliest reasons to ever hate your life.. literally not a problem in there outside of indecision that EVERYONE faces at your age.

and these have to be the silliest reasons to ever hate your life.. literally not a problem in there outside of indecision that EVERYONE faces at your age.

Man I hope you dont become a psychiatrist...or any doc that has to talk to patients...

Members don't see this ad :)
Man I hope you dont become a psychiatrist...or any doc that has to talk to patients...

I love these responses. Guess I'll just go into pathology? Dead people don't need to be psycho-analyzed, right?

Can you not go into any profession that requires talking to people either? Cause that was really insensitive and you've upset me now. Maybe you can join me in pathology?

Deniz, I don't think you can assume that management and accounting will guarantee you 100k or more...Few majors out there will guarantee that for you.

If you want to the lifestyle that you mention, you need to be able to overcome hurdles like taking classes that you don't want. In fact, this is a very minor hurdle relative to the ones you will have to face if you want to achieve your goals.

I would recommend you work on your English more. There is a lot of room for improvement there. As for what to major in, that is hard to say right now.

I love these responses. Guess I'll just go into pathology? Dead people don't need to be psycho-analyzed, right?

Can you not go into any profession that requires talking to people either? Cause that was really insensitive and you've upset me now. Maybe you can join me in pathology?

Who said anything about psycho-analysis skills? You just sound like a jerk when you trivialize someone else's feelings like that.
And you are right, it was hypocritical of me to bag on you like that. My bad.

Do what you want and love! Your major doesn't determine what you have to do in life. I majored in biochemistry and right now the work I do can best be described as programming. This sounds naive but you can always change your career(at least here in the States).

It only matters because, to a degree, we make it matter. It does not have to matter. We all live and then die. Life is like a psychedelic trip. Let's all try to stay on a good one while helping those that are bad tripping!

Have you considered majoring in business and taking a masters degree in public health management or a master of business administration with a focus on health care facilities? The money is good and at the top of the large hospital groups the money is excellent and you are helping people by running facilities that both doctors and patients need.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you considered majoring in business and taking a masters degree in public health management or a master of business administration with a focus on health care facilities? The money is good and at the top of the large hospital groups the money is excellent and you are helping people by running facilities that both doctors and patients need.

actually, I don't like this idea because I cannot have my own business in this major. In pharmacy major I can have my own business as well as accounting.
One of the most important parts of my future career that it should has an authority position.I am not sure if I explained my idea in right way or not

thanks

Do what you want and love! Your major doesn't determine what you have to do in life. I majored in biochemistry and right now the work I do can best be described as programming. This sounds naive but you can always change your career(at least here in the States).

the problem is i really love both of them. My dream was be a dentist, but after several visits to dental clinic ( for treatment ) i hate everything about it. so if its about what i love it will be much harder :(

thanks

the problem is i really love both of them. My dream was be a dentist, but after several visits to dental clinic ( for treatment ) i hate everything about it. so if its about what i love it will be much harder :(

thanks
Who likes going to the dentist? Being a patient and being a dentist are two entirely different things. Just cause you didn't enjoy getting a root canal doesn't mean you should write off being a dentist

If you don't like science or chemistry, you probably aren't going to like pharmacy school...

You can make over 100k as an accountant or management consultant, but you have to be talented, have good internships, and in a good amount of cases - come from a good school. Otherwise it will be a much more difficult and longer road to breaking that salary goal. Also highly dependent on where you live.

You say you're good at math and want money. Double major math/stats and CS/CE, if you are good at those things like you say, you'll get your 100k+ salary.

Yea, CS is probably your best bet. No need to double major since it is already such a powerhouse degree.

Doesn't like
  • dental clinic i hate it totally.
  • i DO NOT LIKE CHEMISTRY AT ALL
  • pharmacy and accounting ... i really like them.
  • my dream is to be a successful businesswoman
    • One of the most important parts of my future career that it should has an authority position
    • want to have my own business

• i like management
  • i'm a leader
  • many personality assessment tests .. says i should be in management positions.
  • i really like health
    • i like help people
    • it a high class position.
  • i very good at math to be frankly,
  • money and social status is very important to me
  • i am 20 yrs and i want to graduate in 20's too.
  • btw i'm not sure if i'm gonna back to Dubai or stay here.
Engineering, particularly industrial engineering, might be a good fit for you. Not petroleum engineering because of that damn chemistry. Engineers can own their own businesses and be their own bosses with individual clients.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emsi/2014/09/12/the-most-in-demand-and-oldest-engineering-jobs/

Reactions: 1 users