• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

please can you post your first job, city, pay? I believe this would help others as they try to decide on contracts to sign.

kaycee18

5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2014
  1. Attending Physician
nocturnist, columbus OH, 120-125$ per hour, RVUs never obtained. cross coverage over 80-100 patients, admit ave 8-12 per shift. Other's at the program hid their pay so was difficult to compare.

The PA Investor

Jan 21, 2020
New graduate PA in the ED. $65 per hour, no shift or weekend differential or RVUs. See about 12-15 patients a shift now but that varies a lot. Lots of benefits including a 2.5% contribution to retirement. Pay increases by $5 every two years while retirement contribution increases another 2.5% every other year.

Splenda88

2+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2019
  1. Attending Physician
nocturnist, columbus OH, 120-125$ per hour, RVUs never obtained. cross coverage over 80-100 patients, admit ave 8-12 per shift. Other's at the program hid their pay so was difficult to compare.
That seems very low from what people who just graduated in my program got. The people I know in my program who signed nocturnist contracts are getting 300k+/yr for 12 hrs shift (7 days on/off) in states like AL, TN, VA, GA, SC, LA (Louisiana). Are you geographically restricted? Personally, I would not do your job for less $150/hr.

Last edited:
About the Ads

kaycee18

5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2014
  1. Attending Physician
That seems very low from what people who just graduated in my program got. The people I know in my program who signed nocturnist contracts are getting 300k+/yr for 12 hrs shift (7 days on/off) in states like AL, TN, VA, GA, SC, LA (Louisiana). Are you geographically restricted? Personally, I would not do your job for less $150/hr.
I eventually broke my contract and left after working for 1 year, 4 months. Those are years i will never get back. still really bitter about the experience and time wasted. What really hurt me was that the others were ok with me being underpaid as they all lied after i filed an official complaint about being underpaid.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.