Please comment on my school list (in terms of OOS friendliness)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakers4sho

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
CA resident, but I know that the idea of in-state doesn't really apply to UCs anymore, relatively speaking. So I'm starting to compile out-of-state options.

Dartmouth
Stritch Loyola
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
BU
Tufts
Netter
SUNY Upstate (removed based from comments)
Albany
Drexel
NYMC
Hofstra
Pitt
Case
Mayo
Jefferson
Temple
GWU
Georgetown
Tulane
Creighton
SLU
MCW
Miami
EVMS
Wayne St.

Indiana (added)
SUNY Stony Brook (added)
OUWB (added)

I appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
In terms of OOS friendliness, the list looks good. In addition, you could consider adding other friendly schools such as Cincinnati, Iowa, Ohio, and Rochester.

You could try adding colorado and western michigan they were friendly to me as well OOS, i've also heard a couple of my buddies get OOS II from WVU and central Florida

Members don't see this ad :)
Indiana is also oos friendly but their application is a little frustrating because they're super slow. OSU is also another one that is pretty out of state friendly.

Reactions: 1 user
Indiana is also oos friendly but their application is a little frustrating because they're super slow.
If by super slow you mean that they don’t even confirm that they received your application for 3 months, then sure. That was honestly my most frustrating application.

Reactions: 1 user
You could try adding colorado and western michigan they were friendly to me as well OOS, i've also heard a couple of my buddies get OOS II from WVU and central Florida
I think WVU’s ~12% post-Interview acceptance rate for OOS students makes it not OOS friendly. That’s a ridiculous chance after spending all that money on travel...

If by super slow you mean that they don’t even confirm that they received your application for 3 months, then sure. That was honestly my most frustrating application.
Exactly lol. I forgot i even applied until i got an interview

Unless your undergrad is in NY, SUNY Upstate is not that OOS-friendly but SUNY Downstate (NYC-Brooklyn) is.

Many of your school are private schools. And private schools don’t really care where you are from. So if you want to add more look for private schools. Just as a FYI- Rush expects hundreds if not thousands of hours of service and experience. So keep that in mind when reading about the school. Good luck.

CA resident, but I know that the idea of in-state doesn't really apply to UCs anymore, relatively speaking. So I'm starting to compile out-of-state options.

Dartmouth
Stritch Loyola
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
BU
Tufts
Netter
SUNY Upstate
Albany
Drexel
NYMC
Hofstra
Pitt
Case
Mayo
Jefferson
Temple
GWU
Georgetown
Tulane
Creighton
SLU
MCW
Miami
EVMS
Wayne St.

I appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks!
Delete SUNY Upstate

Many of your school are private schools. And private schools don’t really care where you are from. So if you want to add more look for private schools. Just as a FYI- Rush expects hundreds if not thousands of hours of service and experience. So keep that in mind when reading about the school. Good luck.

I heard that too. Do you know if it's hard screen, pre-interview rejection?

Indiana is also oos friendly but their application is a little frustrating because they're super slow. OSU is also another one that is pretty out of state friendly.

Now Indiana is actually a school I was looking at, because they have connections in a specialty that I'm interested in. Nice to know they're OOS friendly, will add to the list. Thanks.

I heard that too. Do you know if it's hard screen, pre-interview rejection?

It's not a hard screen. I received an II but did not have many service hours (by their standards).

Last edited:
It's not a hard quote. I received an II but did not have many service hours (by their standards).
+1
They claim a holistic review with no hard screen. They average 800 volunteer and 1600 healthcare hours. I had 1000+ and 4000+ respectively – heard nothing back

I think WVU’s ~12% post-Interview acceptance rate for OOS students makes it not OOS friendly. That’s a ridiculous chance after spending all that money on travel...

I remain convinced I would have been accepted here had I been IS.

Hi all, how is Rutgers NJSM in terms of OOS friendliness? I would like to work with one of their physicians specifically, and so it would be great if I make it into their school.