Please critique and advice my schedule plan. I Beg you to help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bottlecap1990

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Classes I have taken so far (that are prerequisites) Chem 101, Chem 102, Bio 101, Engl 101, Engl 102, World Civ I, MicroEcon

my upcoming schedule
Fall '10
Orgo I
Bio II
Psychology 101
Pre-calc

Spring '11
Orgo II
A&P I
Gen Phys I
Calc

Summer '11
Statistics
Speech

Fall '11
A&P II
Gen Phys II
Calc II
Microbio

Spring '12
Biochem
World Civ II
Sociology
Philosophy (200 level)

I am planning on applying in fall 2011 for the 2012 fall cycle. I will be taking the january 2011 PCAT and maybe august or october again.

Do you think I am taking too much classes? I will be applying to 6-7 schools. Does this sound right? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Members don't see this ad.

I think it looks OK. Spring '11 looks aggressive but not un-doable if you are a pro at budgeting your time. I wouldn't take the PCAT before taking orgo II and calc though.

Classes I have taken so far (that are prerequisites) Chem 101, Chem 102, Bio 101, Engl 101, Engl 102, World Civ I, MicroEcon

my upcoming schedule
Fall '10
Orgo I
Bio II
Psychology 101
Pre-calc

Spring '11
Orgo II
A&P I
Gen Phys I
Calc

Summer '11
Statistics
Speech

Fall '11
A&P II
Gen Phys II
Calc II
Microbio

Spring '12
Biochem
World Civ II
Sociology
Philosophy (200 level)

I am planning on applying in fall 2011 for the 2012 fall cycle. I will be taking the january 2011 PCAT and maybe august or october again.

Do you think I am taking too much classes? I will be applying to 6-7 schools. Does this sound right? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

I am not sure whether it is a good idea to take Jan PCAT before taking micro and A&P because you might lose the A&P and micro points (they make about 35%-40% of the bio section on the PCAT) ... I don't think you need Org II to score well on your PCAT; I only had gen chem I,II and Org I and scored 93%..

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be studying from Dr. Collins notes, Pearson Practice tests, and Kaplan. Do you think I will still be fine. I am not sure about math but I got an A in trig and I don't think precal and calc will be much harder. When do you think I should take the PCAT?

I will be studying from Dr. Collins notes, Pearson Practice tests, and Kaplan. Do you think I will still be fine. I am not sure about math but I got an A in trig and I don't think precal and calc will be much harder. When do you think I should take the PCAT?

I would take it summer '11 after you finish with stats since stats is on the PCAT.

Hi everyone, I am new here, but I am also planning a pretty intense Fall semester and would like some input from people who have done the same.

Fall '10:
G chem II
Calculus I
Anatomy
G bio II

So basically looking at six 3 hour labs per week.

Spring '11:
O chem I
Calculus II
Physics I
Molec/Biochem

Unsure about spring on whether to go for Physics or Physiology. I plan on applying next year so I need to finish all my classes by Fall '11. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks