Please critique my MCAT study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OfficerGoodBody

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my second time taking the MCAT, so I began first by analyzing what went wrong. I concluded that:
1. Family circumstances compromised me emotionally (Recently Resolved)
2. Spent too much time studying one particular subject
3. Reading comprehension/speed
I am very excited about the useful resources on this website. Having said that, my study plan for the MCAT is as follows and I would love any opinions/advice concerning this.

(Started) September and October: MWTF (Saturday and Sunday off or maybe review?)
Watching all of Chad's videos, taking notes and quizzes.
8 videos total per day 2 from each subject.

November - January:
Following SN2ed schedule to the T.

February: MCAT

Extra: I also read the new yorker at night and have indulged in several books. The Princeton Review offered me the retake and I am enrolled for the MCAT Online Class in October. I don't intend to follow their schedule, but would the use of their online material help in combination with sn2ed schedule?

Members don't see this ad.

You are going to watch 8 chad vids a day that seems intense..... the vids are like 2 hrs long.
But if you think you are capable go ahead.
Also Chads vids be themselve doesn't work for everyone. I know some ppl are able to watch the vids solely and do well, but I have to read before I watch the videos to be able to comprehend.
Also there is no MCAT in Feb... it predicted to be Jan 25 or so.

Thanks for the input. 8 vids a day is intense. However, I studied a lot last time and I find the videos re-establish my memory. I hope to have a nice break before I start the sn2ed schedule so I don;t want to extend the videos out too much. His videos seem to be great for recall, but the biology ones just don't do it for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

This is my second time taking the MCAT, so I began first by analyzing what went wrong. I concluded that:
1. Family circumstances compromised me emotionally (Recently Resolved)
2. Spent too much time studying one particular subject
3. Reading comprehension/speed
I am very excited about the useful resources on this website. Having said that, my study plan for the MCAT is as follows and I would love any opinions/advice concerning this.

(Started) September and October: MWTF (Saturday and Sunday off or maybe review?)
Watching all of Chad's videos, taking notes and quizzes.
8 videos total per day 2 from each subject.

November - January:
Following SN2ed schedule to the T.

February: MCAT

Extra: I also read the new yorker at night and have indulged in several books. The Princeton Review offered me the retake and I am enrolled for the MCAT Online Class in October. I don't intend to follow their schedule, but would the use of their online material help in combination with sn2ed schedule?

What are these 'Chad's videos' you speak of? Thank you.