Please critique my study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wlee43

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The general layout for now:

During school semester (Jan-May)
-Go over entire The Princeton Review MCAT 2011-112 in approx 10 weeks (80-90) pages per week). Take 4 practice tests that come with it towards the latter 4 weeks
-Do all practice problems in the Official guide to MCAT 2nd edition during last 5 weeks of semester
-Read convoluted books during free time

I figure by this I would have a good overall understanding of all sections as well get plenty of practice problems/tests in

During summer (May-Aug): Go into hardcore mode
-Basically use SN2ed method in terms of study materials
-Use Berkely Review +Examcrackers for each of sections+couple of EK 101 verbal passage per day
-Start doing AAMC practice tests (3-11) toward the July-Aug
-Do Berkely review practice tests if necessary (prob not though/not enough time)
-Make a list of confusing concepts and go over it when I have free time (hat trick)
-Use school textbooks and khan academy as outside sources

Take test Aug 23rd

The only problem I see is that I might get burnt out. However Im willing to do whatever I can to get a 35+. my first practice was 21 (I took it cold). I really need a good MCAT to make up for my average gpa (3.6+) to get into my dream schools

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Give yourself weekends off if you can. That pre-study sounds pretty killer. I did heavy-ish prestudy as well and it was tiring even without classes. Just make sure not to burn yourself out before you start the main schedule.