please do reply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BENNY4567

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello friends, pls let me know that wat should be included in personal statement. Is it different for different universities and as some people say that one should refer books to write personal statement, then wat kind of books should be followed.And wen we apply for university then after how much time do they receive our application.And one more ques , as i will give toefl this month so should i aply if getting better score, as tofle report will be directly sent, or its not worth. please help me friends, i have confusion with these .
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You will need to take TOEFL if you are international student. You may start applying though before taking TOEFL. In exam, you can request 4 free score reports. So keep the university names that you want to send the score requests.

Regarding statement of purpose, I would recommend you to start by your own. SOP means something that you are explaining about yourself. It is just a one step more than resume. You may mention future goals, and why you want to study DDS.

Thank u dagu123 for sending response but i was having only that confusion that if only to write goals etc than wy some say to refer books to write or are there some special books for writing personal statement.And pls tell me that i have done practice of few months in dental clinic in india so can i use that too while sending aplication or they don't consider it.
thanks once again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank u dagu123 for sending response but i was having only that confusion that if only to write goals etc than wy some say to refer books to write or are there some special books for writing personal statement.And pls tell me that i have done practice of few months in dental clinic in india so can i use that too while sending aplication or they don't consider it.
thanks once again.

yes, even i heard about the books but cudnt find any! i also heard that there are some agents who guide u to write best essays! but probably thats all for non medicos... we have a lot more like our scores to show up. i dont think schools shud be giving lot of emphasis on essays as any body with good language skills can write better that a skillful dentist with poor english! so just write it on your own. dont waste time in finding books.

statement of purpose clearly means to write down what is your purpose of coming to USA and doing DDS in that school. so u can write your future goals, add your experience and anything extra u want to let the school know about u. thats all.
be clear in your thoughts, be to the point, dont make stories, dont use flawery language.

thank u very much dagu123 .

Try Dr Aly Kanani's online book: Guide for foreign trained dentists.He has some nice insights in it.There may be a download fee though!

THanku pink pather