Please Drop UIC-Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiz knot

Legendary Dr. X
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am desperate to transfer from the Urbana/Peoria track to Chicago. Please do not wait until the 15th because I will have to choose another school :( and lose the possibility of getting into a Chicago school. I won't be able to continue my research, and it totally ****s up my fiancees career as a classical musician and instructor.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT, PLEASE DO SO! I AM DESPERATE.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
skiz knot said:
I am desperate to transfer from the Urbana/Peoria track to Chicago. Please do not wait until the 15th because I will have to choose another school :( and lose the possibility of getting into a Chicago school. I won't be able to continue my research, and it totally ****s up my fiancees career as a classical musician and instructor.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT, PLEASE DO SO! I AM DESPERATE.

Thanks

why does the 15th have to do with anything? you can still get in off waitlist. you're not committed anywhere until the first day of orientation.

exmike said:
why does the 15th have to do with anything? you can still get in off waitlist. you're not committed anywhere until the first day of orientation.

I think skiz would rather attend another school then the Urbana/Peoria track of UIC, but the person's first choice is UIC - Chicago. Thus, the decision must be made by the 15th.

GBFKicks said:
Where do you currently do research?

UIC

Laboratory for Molecular Bio

I work on fruit fly leg (sensory bristle) development.

exmike said:

The problem is that I am not wailisted. I have been accepted already, just to a campus I don't want to attend. I can not hold more than one acceptance after the 15th.

so are you saying you would rather go elsewhere than UIC not in chicago campus?

exmike said:
so are you saying you would rather go elsewhere than UIC not in chicago campus?

Exactly. If I would have to deal with the crappy administration (among ohter problems) without the benefits of the strong clinical experience at chicago, I don't think I could handle it.