Please explain "basis of admission degree"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MmmCoffee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking into different school and their selection processes. My first choice school mentions a basis of admission degree, in the case of people who have more than one undergrad degree. This is my case. I have a linguistics degree that didn't turn out so well (2.88), and now I'm toward the end of a kinesiology degree with a 3.8. I assume they would want all of my undergrad transcripts, including the degree that is not the basis of admission? I also wonder how much of an impact the degree that is not the basis of admission will have on the selection process. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you have to provide this and not doing so will lead to rejection.

I assume they would want all of my undergrad transcripts, including the degree that is not the basis of admission?

Poor performance in an earlier degree program can be ameliorated by excellent performance in a later program.

I also wonder how much of an impact the degree that is not the basis of admission will have on the selection process.

Don't worry you still have a 3.3 which is probably good enough for St. George's University