Please give me feedback. I need to know where i stand.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hobodoctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances? I will be applying after I graduate senior year really early too. This year, i am a junior but i feel like it is too late and i will be at a disadvantage. I have a low gpa of 3.66 because I got a F in orgo 1 but I repeated it and got an A , actual gpa is 3.85 something but since aamc doesn't forgive repeats, it is 3.66. I failed because I got in a car accident the first day and was too scared to drive to my school which is half an hour away and missed classes and couldn't catch up, after the first test which I got a 65 in, I got depressed and stopped going to classes altogether. I made a great comeback though. After that I have gotten all As in junior year with really full course load and will also get all As in senior year too. i will also be finishing a double major in chem and bio. I am volunteering now at a hospital and I teach English to poor immigrants and help with naturalization process for them, I also work with human resources preventing abuse for children by visiting them and noticing any unusual behavior or activities, I have worked as a lab assistant and I will do honors research in senior year. I am studying for Mcat now and hope to get a high score.
Please suggest how else I can improve my chances. I am also a woman and my race is Asian ( from Nepal). I came to America when I was 11.

Members don't see this ad.

If you explain your story then you'll have a better chance but it's hard to know without your meat scores. Honestly if you study hard and can get over a 510 or a 515 then you can easily overcome your GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much, this has given me hope I honestly have no one to talk to about this, my school advisors are nice but they just tell me to do what I want. I have been preparing really well, I should get a good score, I will get all As in senior year then right after I graduate, I will apply the first second it opens, I already have my personal essay written out. (I hope I get accepted). Also do you think I should click disadvantaged due to my background, moving to diff. country and adjusting and so on or just leave that alone?

You look like your on the way, keep up the good work!