Please GOD release the April scores already!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

.surgical.

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The suspense is killing me.

/discuss

Members don't see this ad.

I did drugs for the first time last night and I blame the AAMC.

*sets self on fire*

On a more serious note though, I'm not stressing too bad. I'm applying to both MD and DO, and with practice scores of 10-10-10, I know I should at the very least score high enough to be competitive for DO, so the scores are only going to make or break my MD applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel I did fairly well in the sciences. 10 or 11. My score depends upon that awful VR, which is a scary thought. I just hope I dont do something horrific like 10 4 11 or something like that. Because its hard to bring that VR up when compared to the sciences where studying actually pays off. But yeah, I want to see my scores. I have days where I dont think about it, then days where it consumes me.

Yeah, I think we all just want the damn scores already!
Especially when I see the amount of work AMCAS will be, I don't want to lose May studying for a retake. Here's hoping for a 30+ so all I have to do is study MSAR '08 and write my PS. :)

same here. i'd rather spend time on my applications than studying for a retake. i wish they'd release the scores already. this is driving my crazy.

im starting to go crazy again..

For a few days after the MCAT I was bugging out about my score almost constantly, and then I was fine for a couple weeks. Now the bad feeling is back and all i can think about is "what if i got like a 25!!!" so bad..

Now the bad feeling is back and all i can think about is "what if i got like a 25!!!" so bad..
I know I'm just adding fuel to the fire, but I was on the e-MCAT forums shortly before I took the test and some fella there said he got a 16M on his first attempt. :laugh: Poor thing, imagine that. I presume he went in without studying though, I can't imagine scoring so low after doing even a small amount of prep.

i never understood why it takes so long to grade the mcat. as soon as you are done the GRE and the DAT your score appears instantaneously after you are done. the mcat should only take a week at max to grade since it is all computer based now. the scores for the writing section could simply be sent out at a later date.

i never understood why it takes so long to grade the mcat. as soon as you are done the GRE and the DAT your score appears instantaneously after you are done. the mcat should only take a week at max to grade since it is all computer based now. the scores for the writing section could simply be sent out at a later date.
Do they scale the GRE and the DAT though? Because if they don't, this could be a factor.

It is done on purpose to make you think the $210 examination fee is worthwhile. Furthermore, they know many premeds are paranoid and neurotic and this is just a test to see if they can handle medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is done on purpose to make you think the $210 examination fee is worthwhile. Furthermore, they know many premeds are paranoid and neurotic and this is just a test to see if they can handle medical school.

If this is a test, how is it scored?

AGGGHHHH! I'm going insane!!! Thank god I'm not the only one. I swear, every other thought in my brain is about the darn MCATs. Even though I was very consistent with the AAMC practice mcats, I'm still convinced I tanked the real thing. I can't handle this stress!!!! Come on May 9th!!

Do they release exactly on time or is there a chance it could be a few days sooner? I dont want to have any more nightmares about the MCAT!!! :mad:

No grades.

If you don't kill yourself before score release day, you pass.

Some of us are failing.

I had a friend who asked if I would be willing to pay $100 if I could know my numerical score a day after the test. Without hesitation I would jump at it. In fact, I'd pay up to five times that!

Dastardly motives or not they mare missing out on a spectacular business opportunity. :)

Ok, well, I guess I'll eat some April 16th MCAT humble pie. After the test and a few days after I felt pretty good about my score. I felt I bombed verbal but that I was going to do well on physical science and I felt I might have missed only a few on bio total.

But....not so much anymore. Verbal I feel like I'm going to open my test up and see it says -4 or something, that I did so bad it's now in negative digits. Bio is now just a cloud of mystery, I can't remember any of the questions or answers I put. For physical science, I keep going over questions in my head that I'm not sure about anymore and that I think I could have gotten wrong now. I'll be like counting in my head on the way to class how many more questions I think I could've gotten wrong and it's depressing to say the least. I was really hoping for things to go flawless and I just keep thinking about possible stupid mistakes I made that will ultimately lower my score. Now I'm even contemplating the thought of a retake. Goodbye summer. :oops:

These scores need to come out ASAP cause I feel like my score keeps getting lower and lower by the day. By the time May 16th comes around, I will have a 10B score overall :laugh:

I had a friend who asked if I would be willing to pay $100 if I could know my numerical score a day after the test. Without hesitation I would jump at it. In fact, I'd pay up to five times that!

Dastardly motives or not they mare missing out on a spectacular business opportunity. :)

yeah, it's practically free. does anyone else think being rich is way overrated? sometimes its just so boring!

yeah, it's practically free. does anyone else think being rich is way overrated? sometimes its just so boring!

I didn't mean to imply I was rich. In fact, I find it amusing when homeless people beg me for money since, strictly speaking, they are wealthier than me because they might be dead broke and I'm in a huge amount of debt:)

Man why can't we get our scores on may 9th
WTF make us wait 7 more days omg thats a friggin week......seriously its not fair april 12th people should get it on like may 12 or something.

Ok, well, I guess I'll eat some April 16th MCAT humble pie. After the test and a few days after I felt pretty good about my score. I felt I bombed verbal but that I was going to do well on physical science and I felt I might have missed only a few on bio total.

But....not so much anymore. Verbal I feel like I'm going to open my test up and see it says -4 or something, that I did so bad it's now in negative digits. Bio is now just a cloud of mystery, I can't remember any of the questions or answers I put. For physical science, I keep going over questions in my head that I'm not sure about anymore and that I think I could have gotten wrong now. I'll be like counting in my head on the way to class how many more questions I think I could've gotten wrong and it's depressing to say the least. I was really hoping for things to go flawless and I just keep thinking about possible stupid mistakes I made that will ultimately lower my score. Now I'm even contemplating the thought of a retake. Goodbye summer. :oops:

These scores need to come out ASAP cause I feel like my score keeps getting lower and lower by the day. By the time May 16th comes around, I will have a 10B score overall :laugh:

Yep. Definitly in the same boat. I walked out of the test feeling good, except for verbal (the first two passages of the section I know I screwed up because I wasn't focusing well). I managed to forget about the exam, but with AMCAS opening up in a few days, and researching schools and stuff, I'm getting psycho. Ahhh! 2 more weeks of torture....:eek:

LOL you know what is going to happen? Everyone is going to log into AAMC at midnight when their scores should be posted and the server will overload and crash. Then it will take another week and a half to fix it and everyone will be put in a queue to check their score so the server doesn't crash again. :D

LOL you know what is going to happen? Everyone is going to log into AAMC at midnight when their scores should be posted and the server will overload and crash. Then it will take another week and a half to fix it and everyone will be put in a queue to check their score so the server doesn't crash again. :D

lol probably. I had heard that the scores don't get posted till like 7am EST though of that day? I don't think I'm going to sleep well that night. I think I'm more nervous for my score than I was for the actual test :laugh:

Im actually really enjoying this time of peace.

Right now I don't have to worry or study for the MCAT.

Feels great, wish it was longer to get the score!

I'll be on vacation when the score gets released. If I do poorly, at least there's the beach. I think I've put things into perspective the last couple weeks. It was just a test, just a few hours on one day, who knows. If I end up taking it again, so be it.

I took my SATs twice with no studying in between and went from a 1370 to a 1520. And I think the only thing I did differently was that I was calmer the second time I took it.

I know that the SATs are no comparison for the MCAT... but I think your attitude going into the test are half the battle. And I could have definitely done better with that on April 7th...

Im actually really enjoying this time of peace.

Right now I don't have to worry or study for the MCAT.

Feels great, wish it was longer to get the score!

I feel you. This is the same thing with waiting for med. school results...I'm glad the interview is over and all there is now is waiting.

I took my SATs twice with no studying in between and went from a 1370 to a 1520. And I think the only thing I did differently was that I was calmer the second time I took it.
I took them twice too, and got the exact same composite each time (I took them a month apart and did some studying in the meantime) - just a different breakdown by section. It was pretty weird.

This "down" time is finals week for me. My focus leaves something to be desired.

it's very comforting to know that i am not the only one losing my mind... i'm glad we're all going crazy together! on a more positive note, only one more week of this torture for us april 7th mcaters.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that they can't give us our scores immediately. I am going crazy right now. I have been hoping that they were just saying 30 days to give themselves a bit of a cushion, but now I am thinking they are going to take advantage of the whole time.

I took the April 12th exam as well!

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that they can't give us our scores immediately. I am going crazy right now. I have been hoping that they were just saying 30 days to give themselves a bit of a cushion, but now I am thinking they are going to take advantage of the whole time.

I took the April 12th exam as well!

I'm sure they are going to take all thirty days. Just more of this "waiting" game we're playing for the next decade or more of our lives..

Aren't the scores for april 12th coming out on april 16th? The paper print-out from the test says 30 days but the website says it's coming out on april 16th, which is more than 30 days. Can we expect the scores to come out before the 16th (like say the 12th)?

Aren't the scores for april 12th coming out on april 16th? The paper print-out from the test says 30 days but the website says it's coming out on april 16th, which is more than 30 days. Can we expect the scores to come out before the 16th (like say the 12th)?

I am assuming you mean May 16th?

yeah, i meant to ask whether april 12th scores were expected to come out on may 12th or may 16th :p (or maybe someday in between?)

so when i logged into the Testing History page to check my mcat score (even though it's not up yet), i noticed that my name is not posted.

it says - Name: EIS

what the heck is EIS??? anyone else have the same problem?

yeah, the same thing with mine. I emailed them, they're working on it.

so when i logged into the Testing History page to check my mcat score (even though it's not up yet), i noticed that my name is not posted.

it says - Name: EIS

what the heck is EIS??? anyone else have the same problem?

Mine says "not in EIS"

also, I found this in an aamc.org search:
"Each year (usually in the winter and spring) the AMCAS updates its reference
files in anticipation of the next application cycle. Some of these reference files
are “owned” by AMCAS; others “belong to” the AAMC Enterprise Information
Store (EIS) and are simply used by AMCAS, among other AAMC applications.
Some reference files we acquire from the federal government."​

Wow, I'm glad my schedule's jam-packed. I gotta drive 6 hours up North to Edmonton this weekend where I'm taking 3 full days of Orgo labs (24 hours....orgo....:scared: ) and then the orgo midterm on the 10th - and I'll be apartment-hunting there, too. I keep moving North and North!:laugh: I've lived as far down South as Gulfport/Biloxi and now I'm going up to Edmonton....I'm afraid I will soon end up somewhere in the Northwest Territories and watch aurora borealis for entertainment.:scared:

how can you guys check it so often?! i'm already dreading opening up that window on may 16!:scared:

Random fact of the day: I just went and flipped my calendar to May, and guess what - May 16th is the New Moon day. At least it's not full moon.:scared: :laugh: