please help am i screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rc524

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my first semester of college which sucked. I ended with a 2.55 I know for a fact that I could do better. It took me a while to get used to college and I went out when i should have studied. Is it too late to pull up my grades? Are med schools going to look at this and reject me? Next semester I'm going to get it as close to a 4 as I can I will have at least a 3.5 for sure. Then my yearly average will be around a 3 which is still low. I am pretty pissed now because I didn't think it was going to be this low. What should I do, I know I can pull them up but I don't know if it too late? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You've certainly put yourself in a hole, but it's not the end of the world. If you get 3.6 every semester from now on, you'd have a 3.42 at the end of your junior year. 3.47 at the end of your senior year.

All is not lost, it just depends on whether or not you're able to improve your performance from now on.

thanks, would you advise retaking any of the classes?