Please help chance me (with updated stats)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StayOnTop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Poli Sci major, with a minor in International Studies. My cumulative GPA is around a 3.77, and my science GPA is a 3.31, and my MCAT score is a 27. I have a bit over a hundred shadowing hours (DO+MD, with a DO LOR). I've done volunteer work for a non-profit organization in Chicago that does work with the Cook County legal system (40 hrs.). I've done an internship in a courthouse, as well (around 200 hours). I did Poli Sci research this past summer, but that's it as far as research goes. I volunteer at a health clinic, and I've done over 300 hours, thus far. I'm also a part of a good number of honor societies, and I help them out when they do blood and can food drives.

I don't really care which DO schools I get into, as my long term plan is to do Primary Care (probably IM) in Illinois, but I was looking at LECOM, thanks to its price. What do you guys think? BTW, this is not for this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're well positioned for LECOM, as well as CCOM, and possibly even UIC (if you care).
Really? My MD BCPM GPA is a 3.46, but I didn't think I had much of a chance at UIC. Doesn't really matter to me, though, because I would be happy at a DO school. Thanks for the opinion, though, helps set my mind at ease a bit at my chances of getting into a US medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mentioned UIC due to your concerns about cost. The BCPM is an issue that might be overidden by a recent steep upward grade trend, a single poor semester, or doing much better in upper-level science compared to the prereqs. Their bottom 10th percentile for BCPM goes down to ~2.9, BTW.

I mentioned UIC due to your concerns about cost. The BCPM is an issue that might be overidden by a recent steep upward grade trend, a single poor semester, or doing much better in upper-level science compared to the prereqs. Their bottom 10th percentile for BCPM goes down to ~2.9, BTW.
That's good to know, but I don't fit into any of those qualifiers, lol. That's fine, though, I would be good at a DO school (if I get in).

CCOM may be a good fit, since I'll be able to live at home during my 3rd and 4th years, if I do rotations in Chicago. I can save some money that way.

Good thinking.

Would the commute to Naperville during the first two years be impossible from where any of your relatives live?
It's actually in Downer's Grove, which is closer to me, but it will still be 25 miles away, unfortunately.