Please help doing terribly on FL’s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4yi33

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi this is my first post so please go easy on me...

I just took FL2 and got a 505 (128/121/129/127), which is actually lower than my FL1 score by 1 point :(( I am a non-native speaker but that CARS score is really freaking me out. I have finished all AAMC material with FL3, 4 left and I have been doing JW every day getting 2,3 wrong per passage, but really haven’t been doing that much practice. I got a 123 on FL1 so I was hoping my score would improve on FL2 but it didn’t :( What should I do moving forward?

My other sections have been pretty consistent but really not where I’d like them to be. I have been running out of time on C/P even though I feel like I have a good grasp on the material.

Also I was also hoping to pull my P/S up to at least 129/130. I have been reading
the KA notes since FL1 but I don’t know what else to do... I feel desperate and ideally I am testing on 8/1. I have been studying for so long but my scores have not been getting closer to my target score at all...

Members don't see this ad.

A 505 isn't terrible. But that 121 is. It's bad enough where you won't get accepted simply because of it.

Use EK's CARS to improve that. Ideally you need to be at least 125+ in each section. Balance is key across sections.

Reactions: 1 user
You’re likely going to need to push your test date. A 4 point improvement in cars while maintaining of improving in the other sections will take time. Highly recommend getting a private tutor.

Hi this is my first post so please go easy on me...

I just took FL2 and got a 505 (128/121/129/127), which is actually lower than my FL1 score by 1 point :(( I am a non-native speaker but that CARS score is really freaking me out. I have finished all AAMC material with FL3, 4 left and I have been doing JW every day getting 2,3 wrong per passage, but really haven’t been doing that much practice. I got a 123 on FL1 so I was hoping my score would improve on FL2 but it didn’t :( What should I do moving forward?

My other sections have been pretty consistent but really not where I’d like them to be. I have been running out of time on C/P even though I feel like I have a good grasp on the material.

Also I was also hoping to pull my P/S up to at least 129/130. I have been reading
the KA notes since FL1 but I don’t know what else to do... I feel desperate and ideally I am testing on 8/1. I have been studying for so long but my scores have not been getting closer to my target score at all...

Jack Westin is terrible for CARS. Use something else.

Start reading more things in real life that involve elevated writing: The Atlantic, New Republic, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jack Westin is terrible for CARS. Use something else.

Start reading more things in real life that involve elevated writing: The Atlantic, New Republic, etc.
Why do you say that? I’ve been struggling with JW hardcore. Is his passages not representative?

Why do you say that? I’ve been struggling with JW hardcore. Is his passages not representative?

No 3rd party is truly representative. Some of JW’s questions and reasoning for correct answers are strange to say the least. That being said, don’t focus on the number correct. JW passages are useful in that you can practice strategies, attention to detail with language, and be exposed to rigorous passages from a wide range of disciplines.

Reactions: 1 user