Please help! Entering course I withdrew from into AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AtlanticPacific

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN Community,
I wasn't able to find an answer to this question because my school implements a rather unique policy. During my first semester, I withdrew from organic chemistry and the respective lab due to time constraints with getting medical treatment. However the University I attend omits"withdraws" that occur during the first semester so the course does not even show up on my official transcript during my first semester and it looks as though I was a part time student during that semester. (It does however show up on my unofficial transcript with a W for the sake of record-keeping).
Should I enter the coursework as it appears on my official transcript and try to explain the circumstances elsewhere in the application or should I list that I withdrew from the course even though there is no record of it on the transcript during my first semester? ( I did retake it at the same institution the following semester)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

List your classes exactly as they appear on your official transcript. No more, no less. You may mention that you withdrew from that course elsewhere in the application, but I really don't see how that would add anything of relevance to your application.

You might also ask your pre-med advisor at your university what they think you should do.

^ That makes sense. Given what this member has said I would suggest you add the course to the application too.