PLease Help (ERAS)!!!

• Thread starter Doctor_Joyce_Brutha
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Doctor_Joyce_Brutha

does anyone know what the deal is with ERAS??

I am applying for 2002 match, and I want to know..
1) when should i start doing the ERAS thing..
2)When should i interview.

please answer these questions for me (i have completed both boards, and expect my diploma soon)
thanks
A clueless USIMG
ps(i would have posted in the IMG section, but its dead over there)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey JB,
As someone almost as clueless as you (I'm applying this year, too), this is what I've been told we're supposed to do right now.

First, you're supposed to register on ERAS if you haven't done so already. Then, familiarize yourself with the website, since that is where you will you do all of your application. The website also has a very detailed timeline on it as well. I've been told that right now, we're supposed to work on getting our rec letters in order, get our CV together, and start working on our personal statement. You can work on your app on ERAS now, but you can't register for the match through NRMP until August 15th.

As far as when we should interview, I would like to know that myself. I've heard that most programs interview in December and January, but I don't know if it's better to interview earlier or later.

Oh man,i just checked it out, and they have already started sending out tokens! I dont even have one yet!!
Well, Im going to try and figure this stuff out now, thanks for the tip on going to the website, (duh!should have looked there first!)
:confused:

the timeline is really good, thats exactly what i needed to see
thanks,
Dr. Brutha' :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought you were already a Radiology Intern DJB? :confused:

At any rate, at noted earlier, you should have already registered for ERAS.

Most programs start interviewing November - January with a few continuing into early February. You don't really have a choice when you interview, the programs *may* give you some options for interview date but often they don't. The extent to which you get interviews in November will depend on how early you submit your applications through ERAS. Applications which aren't submitted until November 1 are not likely to interview in November.

Best of luck.

I thought that the timing of them getting your application, doesnt have much to do with WHETHER you get an interview or not..

I hear you on getting my apps in early if i want interviews in november..

I am doing a 1 month rotation in radio here in chi-town, kim. I hope to be a radio resdident by next summer.

Originally posted by Doctor_Joyce_Brutha:
•I thought that the timing of them getting your application, doesnt have much to do with WHETHER you get an interview or not..

I hear you on getting my apps in early if i want interviews in november..

I am doing a 1 month rotation in radio here in chi-town, kim. I hope to be a radio resdident by next summer.•

You are correct in that as long as you get your application in before the deadline there shouldn't be any relationship to whether or not you GET an interview, only when. I do not believe residency programs operate on a rolling admissions/interview basis like medical schools may.

Get those apps in on time and the interviews will hopefully come. Best of luck! :D