Please help; got 33% overal on my q-bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Typical

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help everyone,

I really worked hard throughout medical school as every other medical student, and truly focused into my classes. I should be somewhere in the middle as far as class ranks go. I never thought I would have any problem with the step 1 boards, and I frequentrly looked at FA throughout out our systems. I started stydying for the boards about two monthes ago, and dedicated about 4-5 hours a day, I reviewed and covered all pharm, path, micro, phys, anatomy, biochem, and even embryo and neuroanatomy. So, after signing up for q-bank, I decided to take some questions to evaluate my progress, and here it is: I set up the exam for three random questions, and guess what? I only got one of them right, that means I got only 1/3 of the questions right :eek: I am really in panic right now because my exam is coming in soon, and I've read here that anything below 50% is not good to pass. Any suggestions? Should I change my studying strategies or perhaps my exam taking skills? am I doing something wrong beside being a typical medical student??????? your input would be greatly appreicated.

Members don't see this ad.

Please help everyone,

I really worked hard throughout medical school as every other medical student, and truly focused into my classes. I should be somewhere in the middle as far as class ranks go. I never thought I would have any problem with the step 1 boards, and I frequentrly looked at FA throughout out our systems. I started stydying for the boards about two monthes ago, and dedicated about 4-5 hours a day, I reviewed and covered all pharm, path, micro, phys, anatomy, biochem, and even embryo and neuroanatomy. So, after signing up for q-bank, I decided to take some questions to evaluate my progress, and here it is: I set up the exam for three random questions, and guess what? I only got one of them right, that means I got only 1/3 of the questions right :eek: I am really in panic right now because my exam is coming in soon, and I've read here that anything below 50% is not good to pass. Any suggestions? Should I change my studying strategies or perhaps my exam taking skills? am I doing something wrong beside being a typical medical student??????? your input would be greatly appreicated.

I think you ought to go back and review biostats. Surely you don't feel that 3 questions is a large enough sample size to warrant panic? In the time you wasted writing this post you could have done 10 more questions. I wouldn't begin worrying until you've done a couple hundred questions and your average is still in the 30's. My $0.02

I set up the exam for three random questions, and guess what? I only got one of them right, that means I got only 1/3 of the questions right
lol, nice. :laugh:
I think you ought to go back and review biostats. Surely you don't feel that 3 questions is a large enough sample size to warrant panic? In the time you wasted writing this post you could have done 10 more questions. I wouldn't begin worrying until you've done a couple hundred questions and your average is still in the 30's. My $0.02
I'm pretty sure Typical was kidding...

Members don't see this ad :)
i suggest taking the test on random, as you've done, but set it for one question. if you get that right, you're batting a 100 and you can take that confidence right into the prometric site.

Please help everyone,

When are you taking the Big Test? Qbank gets easier and easier as you take it and sort of "learn" the system. I started out at like 40% and ended up crushing boards 5 weeks later...

I am glad some of you found this amusing, and did not take it personally :rolleyes: This thread was meant to give a little break while you are desperately on SDN trying to find solutions for problems that don't even exist!

I just find it funny that medical students including myself panic about such minor things, and immediately seek for everyone's opinion just to find out we are overreacting!

Good luck everyone, keep up the hard work, have faith in youself, and don't judge your abilities and knowledge by numerical values on the q-banks or what others think of you!