centroles

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2006
Status
I am an Carribean medical student and have a rather low Step 1 score. But I have two months off now and know that I can do STELLAR on the Step 2 if I take it end of Sept.

If I submit my ERAS on Sept 1st and transmit my step 2 score to all the programs I'm interested in in mid october, how will residency directors get notified of my score?

Will they have to reopen my file/application to see my score, or will they get my score directly, and be convinced based on my score to take a second look at the rest of my application.

I just don't want any residency programs to discard my file based on my below average application without ever seeing my step 2 score.

Last edited:

centroles

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2006
Status
I'm sorry I'm new here.

I didn't post this five times though. And I only posted this in the relevent forums/threads.

Mods: Please feel free to delete a thread if it doesn't belong in that forum. Thank you.

Could you please answer the question?

About the Ads

jdh71

Grim Optimist.
Dec 14, 2006
Last House on the Block, USA
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I am an Carribean medical student and have a rather low Step 1 score. But I have two months off now and know that I can do STELLAR on the Step 2 if I take it end of Sept.

If I submit my ERAS on Sept 1st and transmit my step 2 score to all the programs I'm interested in in mid october, how will residency directors get notified of my score?

Will they have to reopen my file/application to see my score, or will they get my score directly, and be convinced based on my score to take a second look at the rest of my application.

I just don't want any residency programs to discard my file based on my below average application without ever seeing my step 2 score.

It's my understanding that when new stuff comes up on an application, the programs are alerted and they download the information from the central service. Why not just wait to submit your application in mid October when you have the score available?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads