PLEASE HELP: How do Residency programs get notified of Step 2 Scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centroles

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an Carribean medical student and have a rather low Step 1 score. But I have two months off now and know that I can do STELLAR on the Step 2 if I take it end of Sept.

If I submit my ERAS on Sept 1st and transmit my step 2 score to all the programs I'm interested in in mid october, how will residency directors get notified of my score?

Will they have to reopen my file/application to see my score, or will they get my score directly, and be convinced based on my score to take a second look at the rest of my application.

I just don't want any residency programs to discard my file based on my below average application without ever seeing my step 2 score.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I'm new here.

I didn't post this five times though. And I only posted this in the relevent forums/threads.

Mods: Please feel free to delete a thread if it doesn't belong in that forum. Thank you.

Could you please answer the question?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an Carribean medical student and have a rather low Step 1 score. But I have two months off now and know that I can do STELLAR on the Step 2 if I take it end of Sept.

If I submit my ERAS on Sept 1st and transmit my step 2 score to all the programs I'm interested in in mid october, how will residency directors get notified of my score?

Will they have to reopen my file/application to see my score, or will they get my score directly, and be convinced based on my score to take a second look at the rest of my application.

I just don't want any residency programs to discard my file based on my below average application without ever seeing my step 2 score.

It's my understanding that when new stuff comes up on an application, the programs are alerted and they download the information from the central service. Why not just wait to submit your application in mid October when you have the score available?