Please Help! I don't know what to do!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AttemptDOnowDPM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, what do you guys think about this score. I got a 1 BS 1 PS and 1 VR. T WS ( I thought I did a little better on VR). Get this, and I think it will help my chances of getting in to top schools....

I live in south Tanzania. I have 23 brothers and sisters and 12 parents. I have no money, no arms, no legs, and no goats.

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

"It's been done."

I think you have an excellent chance, based on being a URG, or Under-Representated Goats.

Members don't see this ad :)
what kind of clinical experience and research have you done?

Hmmm, this is a hard one. You know it's the whole applicant they are looking it--"the whole package"--and maybe they'll be willing to overlook a few set-backs in your application. but go for it! go after your dreams!

i'm definitely losing it.

Ever wonder about the person that scores the absolute worst on the MCAT?

You should get your test fee refunded, kind of like a "placing in last place" prize when you enter a tournament.

Nice writing sample score!

well i think you would have a good chance up until you have to sign the technical standards document........

but other than that......never give up! we can all get into a med school it just depends on where.......

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by Bridaddy
Ever wonder about the person that scores the absolute worst on the MCAT?

You should get your test fee refunded, kind of like a "placing in last place" prize when you enter a tournament.

I was reading the DO forums just for kicks and I read several people posting about their sub 20 scores. Can't you pretty much guess your way to a 20? It's one thing to be a bad test-taker but it's another to be completely incompetent.

I really don't think so, we all took diagnostics at Kaplan and some of us got below 20s in the beginning. And then we learned and blossomed and succeeded and lived happily ever after.

Well...it's obvious your scores and academic background will open the doors for you into any top med school. If I were you...I would just focus on perfecting your essays for Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Wash U med schools...I don't think you should really have any problems at any of the other top 10 med schools (Stanford, UCSF, Duke, etc). You may want to include a few paragraphs about your multiple parents in your essay...as well as the fact that you just exist as a torso.

good job man
i actually have a friend that got into harvard and hopkins with those scores.