please help me estimate my chances! thank you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

richgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,

I am new here, and i hope i could get some help from you guys because i am going to apply this coming June. well, I do not have a high GPA, my GPA is only around 3.4 at UCSD. i was a transfer student and did bad work in some of science classes ( i think community college GPA will not be considered too much, is it?). my DAT is 21, and i have 4 years working experiences at a dental office. I do not know if all the info good enough to estimate my chances!! oh, by the way, this year is my first try. I hope you guys can help me on this one. thanks alot!:):love:

Members don't see this ad.

do you think community college GPA is important?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you tell us all the classes you took at community college and we will tell you. I'm asking you this, because prerequisite courses are highly recommended to be completed at a four year institute.

thank you very much for the super quick reply. these are the info u asked,

at community college ( Semester system)

2 semesters of G chem, got 2 C's
2 semesters of biology, 1 C, 1 D

at UCSD( quarter system, 4-years )

three quarters of O-CHEM, 2A'S, 1 B
one quarter of O-CHEM LAB, A-

2 quarters of BIO-chem, 2 A's
3 quarters of physics, B, A-, C+, physics lab: B
Genetic, B
calculus, 3A's
statistics, A

classes in progress:
cell biology
molecular biology

classes are going to take:

DNA lab
nutrition
anatomy
microbiology

that's all for my community college and UCSD classes info, I hope this is good enough for you to help me this time! thank you very much!

I would say good to quite good. Apply to a lot of privates just to be sure. Take Luck.

you think I have a chance to get in LLU? it is my first choice, i love that school

oh..thx alot, would you please be more specific? like good chance or bad chance?