Please help me on deciding which school to go to!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parrotfish7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that this is for current PharmD students, but I think you would probably have the best advice for my dilemma. It is a good one to have but I am at a cross roads and have to make a decision FAST! I have been accepted to Nova Southeastern University and to University of Florida at the Jacksonville campus for pharmacy school. I have family near Nova, and dont know anyone in the area for UF. Although I have some personal factors that I need to consider, I would like your opinion of which is the better school. Hopefully students from both schools could tell me the pros and cons of each program? You are helping me tremendously!! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

If you're from Florida, then U. of Florida would be cheaper for you. I don't know much of the two programs to really compare, but cheaper tuition would rank pretty high on my list of where I want to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to nova for undergrad...I would suggest going to UF!!!:D

Im at UF Jax so therefore it's vastly superior! ;)

Well, I went to NSU's pharmacy school, so there. :p

Darn now I got a give a real recommendation! :laugh:

If it were earlier in the year, I'd have recommended that the OP ask to sit in on a P1 class at each school. It's the best way to see the faculty and students interact. Good way to meet some of your prospective peers.

Moved to pre-pharm as the subject pertains to school choice and will help pre-pharm more than pharmacy students. Don't fret, many of the pharmacy students will post in here also.