Please help me to decide MCAT schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

up40loves

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the August 7 MCAT. I am taking the Kaplan MCAT course and it will be over in the first week of July. I have finished 50% of the online homework but completed only 2 Kaplan full-length exams so far. I am planning to study hard now for the next 1.5 months.

These are the books/prep materials I will be using:

Kaplan course books
Kaplan online content review
Kaplan full length exams
AAMC full-length exams
ExamKrackers Complete Home Study collection
EK 101 Verbal
EK 1001 Chem, 1001 Physics, 1001 Biology.

If I complete all of these books/go through of all these prep materials would I be able to get at least a 30? Do all of the materials I have seem adequate?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Also Gen Chem is one of my weaknesses. Is EK Chem better/more thorough than the Kaplan Physical Sciences book?

Thanks!

I suggest Berkeley Review for gen chem. It is considered the best for that subject.

No one can guarantee you a good score. We can suggest things to improve your chances, but never guarantee. That said, don't focus too much on content review. I think it'd be best to go through either the Kaplan or the EK content review books, but not both. However, you could pick and choice which book for each subject. What you want to spend most of your time on is doing TIMED practice problems and thoroughly reviewing afterwards.

I wouldn't use anymore of your FLs until you are within a month of the exam. You shouldn't space them out over your entire study schedule. Keep them towards the end.

I suggest Berkeley Review for gen chem. It is considered the best for that subject.

No one can guarantee you a good score. We can suggest things to improve your chances, but never guarantee. That said, don't focus too much on content review. I think it'd be best to go through either the Kaplan or the EK content review books, but not both. However, you could pick and choice which book for each subject. What you want to spend most of your time on is doing TIMED practice problems and thoroughly reviewing afterwards.

I wouldn't use anymore of your FLs until you are within a month of the exam. You shouldn't space them out over your entire study schedule. Keep them towards the end.

Hi,

So you do you think that I should finish content review first and then spend 1 month just doing practice exams?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, keep doing practice tests now, although infrequently. But your main focus should be on the material until you know it well. Doing all of that is almost surely asking for too much. If you do all that, you should definitely break 30. If you come anywhere near doing all of it, you'll probably do just as well.

Hello,
I am officially starting my preperation to murder the Mcat( ha, I wish .. more like preperation to not let the Mcat murder me)....

I will be taking the exam in sept and I would like to hear suggestions on how I should go about studying...Here is some info about myself; I am most worried about the PS section as I was not the best physicist and g chem was so long ago so I really want to spend a lot of time studying this section. I loved o-chem(i know, Im weird) and bio but bio was very long ago as well so im a little bit worried about bio. Also, I dont think that I am going to enroll in a course cause I don't really have the money plus im not really the type that needs to be forced to study...

Soooo.... If anyone could share their opinions on which books would benefit me the most or how I should plan to study I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks