Please help me understand my EMG results-Radiculopathy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

owns

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi dear forum members

I got my EMG results, the Dr. that performed the test wrote that he found "Positive sharp waves and complex repetitive discharges in the left lumbosacral musculature at approximately the S1-L5 level, compatible with radiculopathy"

He mentioned that he did not find abnormalities on my limbs, but that he is convinced that the diagnostic is Radiculopathy.

I have another Dr that read this report and says that this EMG findings for Positive sharp waves and complex repetitive discharges in the left lumbosacral are not enough, because the limb should also show abnormalities in order to confirm Radiculopathy.

Can someone please answer if a neurologist can confirm Rdiculopathy by having the above findings, but with no limb abnormalities?

I will mention that I feel sharp/ burning pain in my left foot and leg for almost a year, and that I have MRI with mild tear and bulges on the same S1-L5 level.

Thank you very much, I really hope to get answers this time as I'm very stressed and want to find where my pain is coming from.

Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

forums are not to be used for medical advice!

There seems to be a lot of medical advice threads lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.