Please help me undertsand this verbage:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If your college or university will forward a colleciton of letters of recommendation, you need not list the names of individual refernces. Simply indicate the name of the institution.
-------------------------

I don't have a premed committee letter. I have 5 letters, all of which will be going through the letter holding place at my school. I have no idea if I am going to do it in a "package" or not. Most likely, I will so I can keep em all together. Is that good?

Furthermore, does this above description of my situation sound like "individual letters" or a "collection of letters?" By collection of letters, do they mean a Premed Committee letter followed by the other letters the individual sends??

Members don't see this ad.

hey tweetie,
all it means is that if you have an office at your school that hold letters from professors for you and if they send all of those letters to the schools, then you don't need to write the professors names as references. this is because all of the letters will arrive at the school at once.
do you get it?
if it doesn't make sense, feel free to pm me

Honestly, if you're concerned, just list all of the letters individually.

Members don't see this ad :)
no I think it makes sense. I am going to have all the letters sent together to each of the schools, so I will just put the University name on it.

I am a bit concerned now, becuse for another school they asked if I was sending individual letters of a package. I ticked "individual" and wrote each person's name down. However, it's all going to arrive together. That's not gonna be a problem, I hope. :confused:

don't worry about that tweetie!
as long as the school gets the letters, you'll be fine

thanks a million guys!!

I don't know what I'd do without SDN. :clap: