Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Please help me undertsand this verbage:

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Tweetie_bird, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Tweetie_bird

If your college or university will forward a colleciton of letters of recommendation, you need not list the names of individual refernces. Simply indicate the name of the institution.
    -------------------------

I don't have a premed committee letter. I have 5 letters, all of which will be going through the letter holding place at my school. I have no idea if I am going to do it in a "package" or not. Most likely, I will so I can keep em all together. Is that good?

Furthermore, does this above description of my situation sound like "individual letters" or a "collection of letters?" By collection of letters, do they mean a Premed Committee letter followed by the other letters the individual sends??

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member

hey tweetie,
    all it means is that if you have an office at your school that hold letters from professors for you and if they send all of those letters to the schools, then you don't need to write the professors names as references. this is because all of the letters will arrive at the school at once.
    do you get it?
    if it doesn't make sense, feel free to pm me

4. none

none 1K Member

Honestly, if you're concerned, just list all of the letters individually.

5. Tweetie_bird

no I think it makes sense. I am going to have all the letters sent together to each of the schools, so I will just put the University name on it.

I am a bit concerned now, becuse for another school they asked if I was sending individual letters of a package. I ticked "individual" and wrote each person's name down. However, it's all going to arrive together. That's not gonna be a problem, I hope. :confused:

6. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member

don't worry about that tweetie!
    as long as the school gets the letters, you'll be fine

7. Tweetie_bird

thanks a million guys!!

I don't know what I'd do without SDN. :clap: