Please Help Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fizzbot

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you send in the deposit check to reserve a place at a med school, if u don't go there do u get the money back? specifically the 500 bucks in tulanes case....
please help a poor brotha

Members don't see this ad.

fizzbot said:
When you send in the deposit check to reserve a place at a med school, if u don't go there do u get the money back? specifically the 500 bucks in tulanes case....
please help a poor brotha

tulane only requires that you send a letter of acknowledgement to reserve your place in the class. the $500 is due by May 15th, should you choose to matriculate. they say that the $500 check is a signal of your final indication to attend tulane.

yes, if its before may 15th, for most schools.

eidt: oops, nevermind for tulane.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure about Tulane specificially, but most schools refund your money if you withdraw by a certain date (usually May 15th, but I think some schools changed to May 1st, so be sure to check it out).

Perhaps this is a silly question, but if I send a deposit check without being accepted, and they happen to cash it, did a school legally just accept me cause they accepted my deposit check?

Wishful thinking, I guess.

Angel