please help!! need advice on studying medicine in spain!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucyleigh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sooooooo confused with the whole convalidating of qualifications from one country in europe to another!!

I'm a 27 yr old psych grad from the UK but am currently doing a doctorate en psicologia clinica y de la salud en la autonoma in madrid. I got a 2:1 (Hons) in my degree and i've also done a post-grad certificate in mental health in the UK and now im desperate to get a place in med school here in spain. so, here are my questions...
  • does anybody know what the spanish equivalent of a 2:1 from the UK is, please please help! its coz ive heard that uni's here reserve 1-3% of the total places offered for med courses for those who already have a degree..
  • ive also seen for the complu in madrid, they asked for a minimum of 2.92 but i dont know what that is.. any ideas??? what would be the equivalent in a brit degree?
  • is it possible to take la prueba para mayores de 25 años if you already have the equivalent of la selectividad or a degree?
  • is it possible to take la selectividad if you already have a degree etc? i know that my grades in the equivalent of la selectividad in the UK wouldnt convert into 8.75 (the grade needed here in spain to get on a course) so i was thinking of studying to try and get this grade but only if they let me do the selectividad!!!
  • and last but not least, would they take into consideration the post grad i did in the UK and the doctorate im doing now??
any advice while im waiting to hear from UNED would put my mind at rest as im slowly going crazy :scared:. is there anyone who has had a similar experience and can help me out?? so many questions i know but if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated!!
ps. i hope my ramblings make sense, its been a long day :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Salut! I am an American student without a bachelor's degree and am very interested in studying medicine in Spain!

1. Which school has the best English Medical program
  2. Is it taught all in English?
  3. What are all the entry requirements for American students or Non EU students?
  4. Are there any scholarships offered to Non EU students?

If you can refer me to the best contact (preferably in English), that would be great,
Nicole

Hey!
I'm an EU citizen I was thinking about start a Medical Program in Spain (in Madrid), can anyone help me ? I'm looking on internet but I can't find anything! Does anyone know what are the entry requirements?
Thank

Thanks to all who have posted good info! I've been doing so much research on this but need some more info.

1. Does anyone have experience at Universidad de Navarra, Universidad de Barcelona, or Universidad Autònoma de Barcelona? I used these rankings (http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities) to find a uni in Spain and those are the only 3. UAB and Uni of Barcelona are public and much cheaper though also hard to get into and they only have courses in Catalan or Spanish. I could do Spanish (though difficult because I'm not at uni level) but not Catalan. Navarra is in English but private and more expensive.

2. Any other recommended universities to look at for foreigners?

3. Has anyone studied in Spain but then gotten into residency in US? I know it's supposed to be difficult.

4. Can any foreigners say how hard it is to get into medical programs in Spain since we have to take an exam?

Thanks so much!