Other OT-Related Information Please help OTs and sign this petition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TyTr88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am a first year MOT student at Bay Path University in Massachusetts. For one of my assignments, I had to create a petition that would address a problem related to Occupational Therapy. Signing this petition would help support the Medicare Home Health Flexibility Act that would finally allow Occupational Therapists (OT) to conduct the initial assessments with home health clients. Currently, only Physical Therapists and Nurses are allowed to do the initial assessment which takes time away from the client who needs OT treatment and it makes it inconvenient for the OT as well as the client and their family.

Sign the Petition

Thank you for your time!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I am a first year MOT student at Bay Path University in Massachusetts. For one of my assignments, I had to create a petition that would address a problem related to Occupational Therapy. Signing this petition would help support the Medicare Home Health Flexibility Act that would finally allow Occupational Therapists (OT) to conduct the initial assessments with home health clients. Currently, only Physical Therapists and Nurses are allowed to do the initial assessment which takes time away from the client who needs OT treatment and it makes it inconvenient for the OT as well as the client and their family.

Sign the Petition

Thank you for your time!!

How did you end up liking bay path?

How did you end up liking bay path?
Oh, hey! The program is alright in my opinion. It feels more research based at the moment, but next semester looks to be more hands on.
What program did you end up deciding on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, hey! The program is alright in my opinion. It feels more research based at the moment, but next semester looks to be more hands on.
What program did you end up deciding on?
Emory & Henry. :) they got accedited this year. We’ve had cadever lab all semester and it’s been really intense. Our research semester starts next spring. Looking forward to having a lighter course load! :) glad to hear you are doing well!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, about how many students are in your cohort at Bay Path? and how many in each class about? i am having trouble finding the info online and was just accepted today! Thanks :)