Please Help: Sending in transcript after acceptances

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Flintstone, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Hello!

When I applied via AACOMAS, I have my foreign transcript exempted. As far as I know, I have to send all transcripts to the school after acceptance. I wonder if the schools are particular about getting the foreign transcript as I cannot get if for them for the same reason that the AACOMAS had exempted me for....

Any info. and experiences in sending in transcripts to the schools will be of help.

Thanks a lot.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Optimistic

Optimistic Senior Member

I dont think school requires foreign transcript if you did your required couse work in US . But if you took most of your classes in outside US then I dont know what the policy. I am pretty sure they dont need it because your credits are already transferred to your undergrad and your under grad transcripts will also show those classes. You can call school and find for sure. actually just send in all the transcripts and than call to confirm that if they receieved and if everything is fine . I f they need anything additional they will let you know.
    Goodluck!:)

4. Trimble

Trimble Junior Member

Flintstone,
    **Gripe section**
    I am a first year at NYCOM. I had irregular transcripts as I went to a school (UCSC) that gave narrative evaluations instead of grades. I applied to 30 schools and got into one. I don't mean to be gloom and doom, but admissions commitees at U.S. medical schools are very conservative. I was a good candidate, believe me, but they couldn't wrap their numbers-oriented brains around words as evaluations. I spent a fortune sending transcripts, at least 10 times.
    **Advice section**
    Apply to many, many schools, tough out the essays on the secondaries, and take what you get. Without transcripts you are going to have to be very pro-active, i.e. extra letters of recommendation, get family and friends who are doctors to try to help get you in, and visit schools even w/o receiving interview requests. Just go to a school and call, say "i'm in the area, any chance for an interview?"
    Good luck.

5. Flintstone

Flintstone Member

Hello!

Thank you all for your input. I think I will find out from individual schools that accepted me. I hope they won't need my foreign transcript because I will be in big trouble for not being able to get them. You are right in saying that the classes are mostly in the social sciences and are transferred to the American transcript......however there is no grade associated with the transfer and i am just not sure if the schools are picky about that....in any case, I think I need to find out from them.

Thank you again.