Please Help... this is my strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdasdasd89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So here is my problem. I am doing very well in the sciences and writting, however, like many, I am having trouble with VR.

I've tried doing passages in order, but I was basically stuck at a 6. So Ive been trying different strategies and Ive decided to rank passages first and skip the one that I think I might be the most difficult one.

So I do the easiest ones first and hardest one last (just like the TPR strategy), but it seems like I may be doing worse using this method. It's so much dependent on luck since I'll be guessing and might get a zero in that passage.

I'm not the fastest reader and at times have a hard time finishing all the passages, which is why I've decided to skip a passage.

Do you guys have any suggestions? My test is coming up REAL soon and I really want to do well in verbal reasoning. Even though english is my second language, Ive been educated in north america since elementary school and got ~90% in english in high school... so I'm a bit confused

Thanks everyone!

PS: ive been using princeton review, but how much harder is TPR compared to the real MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

haha even native speakers struggle with mcat verbal. it's very tough as an ESL student, i imagine. i agree that you should check out EK and EK101. good luck to you.