please help! TPR online physics passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am taking a TPR course and i have access to some online passages.

the physics passages seem to be okay, but i am spending a lot of time on them because of the intensive calculations involved! how do i improve? 9/10 i know what to do with the calculations and i can get to the right answer, but i can't spend more than 2 minutes on one question. this is getting frustrating.

also, how calculation heavy is the real MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Besides using basic test taking math skills like rounding, process of elimination of answers which can't be right (ex. answer should be positive number, so eliminate all negative numbers), knowing what number range you're looking for, such as, the number should be in the double digits versus triple digits, etc, improving really just comes down to practice. There's not some secret trick to it.

About the MCAT itself, yes, they can be "calculation heavy". However, no one can predict what you'll get.

You might also want to give the old Arithmetic Tricks and Tips thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=528674&highlight=Arithmetic+Tips+Tricks