Please help.. What are my chances of getting into DO this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor.dreams

Reaction score
>

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, so I just got my second MCAT score today and I feel pretty bad about it. I don't know how I could do so horrible on CARS but I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me their opinions about my chances at DO school this cycle. My goal is LECOM-B and NOVA.

6/15/19- 502 (126/123/125/128)
6/29/18- 504 (126/121/128/129)

Yes I took the MCAT two weeks apart, I had some stuff going on the day before the first exam and I let the issue get to me during the exam, but I was determined to try again. Then CARS happened.

GPA- 4.0 (both non-science and science)
330 hours of volunteering at a children's hospital, and I started my own princess program at that hospital.
160 hours as a human anatomy/biology learning assistant plus high school physics and genetics teacher.
1780 hours as a scribe in the ER (Got a DO LOR)
150 hours of shadowing cardiology and PCP, both MDs
60 hours volunteering at a nonprofit organization
310 hours as a cognitive neuroscience RA
> 8000 hours of nonclinical work experience. (I worked while going to school (psychology major) before I decided I wanted to become a DO)
5 LOR, gen bio, gen chem, anatomy, sociology, and from a DO.

Any advice or opinions are welcomed.

Take a look at the averages here: Mean MCAT and Mean GPAs for all DO Schools (scraped from ChooseDO)

Your score is above the mean for almost every DO school there - apply broadly because of your lower CARS score, but I think you have quite a good chance of getting into one or more schools.