• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Please help - what should I do about summer classes

katty123

May 9, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello all -

I am hoping to get some advice on classes. My GPA at my current school is a 3.4 which I know is a bit low to apply to medical school. I was hoping to apply not this cycle but the next one and am looking to improve this before that time. My question is how it looks to med schools if I take some of my science classes at a different university than my own? I attend a very competitive undergrad as a student athlete and I opted to take organic at a state school last year over the summer. It was the absolute easiest class I have taken in my undergraduate career.

Would it look bad to go back to the state school this summer and take 2-3 science classes there this summer? It is a 4 year state university and I was thinking about taking Genetics, microbio or ecology - all classes I have never previously taken? I was also considering taking one of the classes I struggled with at my university and attempting to do better in it at another school. Does this look bad to medical schools? I am not allowed to transfer in any more credits to my home institution so they would not be on the transcript from my home school. It is a cheaper way for me to take a few science classes and boost my science GPA and I have a much better shot of getting all As in these classes compared to my home institution.

Let me know your thoughts

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.