1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Please Help: What's the most important thing in dental school application?

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by will-be-fine, Apr 20, 2007.

1. will-be-fine

will-be-fine Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hi, friends, :)
    I come from Asia and am now a visiting scholar in Germany for one year. I wish to practice in USA becuse my boyfriend works there. I learnt from SDN that a foreign dentist have to enroll in the 2 year advanced standing program in American dental school before they could get the licence. I have some Questions about dental school application, could anybody please help me? :confused:

1) Is it possible for someone outside USA to get the allowence to take Part I?
    2) Is my past experience (practiced for 5 years, especially that I specialized in implant dentistry) helpful when I apply for American dental school? I do not have many papers, do dental schools put great emphasis on publications?
    3) My work in Germany is to assist a German professor when he perform implant surgery and also help him with some basic research work in implantology. Dose this experience add weight to my resume when applying for dental school?:rolleyes:
    4) what's the most important thing in dental school application? GPA? TOEFL? Part I score? Recommendation? Personal statment? Past clinical experiences? Publication? Could anybody please ordering the importance of all these respects? :confused:

Sorry for so many Questions, any insight or comments into them are highly appreciated, thank you very much!:)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.