please help with my list of schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Idioteque

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.8 GPA, 3.72 BCPM; mcat - 35S (12P, 12V, 11B)

research here and there, other bs activities: service, writing, playing go

i go to penn state which might hurt me at the top schools even though the honors college here plays up their rep (most likely bs)

ok, my list so far:

Penn St.
Jefferson
Mt Sinai
NYU
Temple
Pritzker
UPenn
Pitt
Cornell

I'd like to add maybe 3-4 schools and i'm not into drexel or the jersey schools. any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

How about Columbia and Northwestern, in the same cities you're applying to.

Are you restricted to certain regions?? What about GW, Georgetown, Albert Einstein, BU, Tufts, etc.

I think you should add more mid-tier schools. You only have NYU (which is quite hard to get into), Mt. Sinai, and Pitt, but I think you have a great shot at some mid-tiers and some reaches. I'm going to say your reaches are Pritzker (b/c they are really hard to get into, despite the fact that they are not "top tier", whatever that means), UPenn and Cornell. I don't really know about Penn St., but Jefferson and Temple are probably good safeties, and, to be honest, with your numbers, you probably won't get very far going w/schools that have numbers significantly below your averages b/c they'll just reject you, assuming you'll get accepted somewhere else.

I don't really know which schools you should add, it seems that you're focusing on northeast and chicago - is there a reason for that? Or are you willing to go elsewhere? I agree w/the suggestions above - Northwestern, BU, Tufts, etc. You could also consider adding Case Western, Emory, Tulane, URochester... just depends upon where you're interested in going.