Please help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

footballer63

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so here it goes:

3.7 GPA (3.5 sci gpa) in Biochem and Cell Bio from an Ivy League school

I have taken the MCAT three times, and my final mcat breakdown was as follows:

PS - 11, BS - 10, V - 6 WS - P

I am a TX resident.

I applied last year with my MCAT score of 25, and I was wait-listed at two schools. I figure with a two point increase from the previous two MCAT scores, I may have a better shot of getting interviews.

What are my chances of getting an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

What were your verbal scores on the previous tests? Is English your second language?

Footballer, please refrain from duplicate postings. It may take some patience before someone sees your post who feels they can help you. If you want your post to go to the top of the forum, just type BUMP (Bring Up My Post) and it will get fresh attention.

Last edited:
you have a shot in texas. but your personal statement and secondaries better be stellar to help ease concerns w/ your verbal score.

where were you wait listed last year?

you can call up the admissions offices and ask them how you can improve your application. Dr. Kellaway at UTH is especially helpful.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
you have a shot in texas. but your personal statement and secondaries better be stellar to help ease concerns w/ your verbal score.

where were you wait listed last year?

you can call up the admissions offices and ask them how you can improve your application. Dr. Kellaway at UTH is especially helpful.

good luck!

idonnoooo that 6 will be really tough to overcome imo.

so here it goes:

3.7 GPA (3.5 sci gpa) in Biochem and Cell Bio from an Ivy League school

I have taken the MCAT three times, and my final mcat breakdown was as follows:

PS - 11, BS - 10, V - 6 WS - P

I am a TX resident.

I applied last year with my MCAT score of 25, and I was wait-listed at two schools. I figure with a two point increase from the previous two MCAT scores, I may have a better shot of getting interviews.

What are my chances of getting an interview?

A 6 in verbal will still screen you out of just about all MD schools, even with other good stats, letters, ec's, etc. That being said, being a Texas resident will still help so you might get some. But, getting in after an interview will still be hard to get in. I'd highly recommend you retake the exam in August if you can sign up for it.