Please help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pleh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Solid MCAT.

Apply allopathic and DO

You will do fine

I'd agree that you're a good candidate for DO schools with those numbers.

If you are a rising senior, consider getting in another year of high grades to raise your GPA if getting into an MD program is important to you. That is not to say it's impossible for you to get an acceptance this year, but it's below 50%, even if you have significant modifying factors in your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying for 2010, just got my MCAT scores and Im so confused about whether I should apply or not. I have a 31P (12B 10P 9V), and a 3.38 GPA. I have a lot of ECs and have been doing research for three years. Should I bother applying?? Please be honest! Thanks!!

I have similar stats. I'll say apply broadly and do it SOON... If you look at the MSAR '10-'11, 3.4 and 31 are well within the 10th-90th percentile of most schools. If you have an explanation for your gpa, that also helps..

Anyway APPLY, APPLY, APPLY...

thank you so much!..this is all just so frustrating. I was contemplating taking my mcat over since I only studied for a month (granted it was an exhausting month), but i read its hard to improve significantly if ur already above 30? does anyone have any suggestions to what schools to apply? i live in NY, so im applying basically to everything from here, and am planning on applying to atleast 30 schools total.

most re-takers of the mcat see a decrease. that doesn't mean you will if you study right.

We need more detailed info about your EC and research, if possible.

Ok I've been doing research for 3 yrs with the chair of the med school committee(hopefully that'll do something), shadowed a physician in the ER for 2 summers, clinical research in a hospital, been volunteering at a nursing home for the past 7 years, worked with charity to help underprivilged children in developing countries, worked with 2 other charities, part of the campus emergency response team, I'm a mentor for freshman students in my honors program, TA for bio, volunteer at the bodies exhibit for a summer, and I worked with nypirg

Ok I've been doing research for 3 yrs with the chair of the med school committee(hopefully that'll do something), shadowed a physician in the ER for 2 summers, clinical research in a hospital, been volunteering at a nursing home for the past 7 years, worked with charity to help underprivilged children in developing countries, worked with 2 other charities, part of the campus emergency response team, I'm a mentor for freshman students in my honors program, TA for bio, volunteer at the bodies exhibit for a summer, and I worked with nypirg

Yeah, I think you'll be okay.

thank you! do you have any suggestions of which schools I should apply to?

No, because I'll be applying next year. :p

Your GPA is cutting it really close though...