Dec 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I have finished content review in beginning of March. I have taken 3 AAMC test and 3 TPR CBT, but my scores are not improving in physics and biology. At the end of every exam, I do go over the exam to see what question I have missed. I don't know what to do because even after that my score are not improving above 7.
please help, I am so about lost what to do.....

Mar 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Raj have you been content reviewing and practicing passages? Everyone starts out low and works their way up.

Dec 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Raj have you been content reviewing and practicing passages? Everyone starts out low and works their way up.
WELL I have made my own notes for every subject and review then on and then. Also I do review every question from the exam why I missed it. I didn't do any hw. People told me not to do the hw instead start the fl exams.
I don't know what to do now I don't want to waste these exams and not see any improve

metalgirl14

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
WI
Status
Resident [Any Field]
First of all, the TPR tests are much harder than the AAMC tests so your scores will probably be lower on them. My TPR scores were consistently about 3-4 points below my AAMC scores.

Unfortunately, you need to do the homework before starting the practice exams.

I would try to do some free standing questions to figure out what topics you are consistently missing. Also, review the topics that are giving you problems and make sure you completely understand the use of the equations. I would also do several practice passages before tackling another full length exam. TBR is the best for these. If you can't get the TBR Physics, make sure you do the practice passages in the TPR book.

I wouldn't take another practice test until you are SURE you have the content down and your practice passage scores are good (a "good" score to aim for is about 1 question wrong per passage).

Don't give up with the studying though. Your scores will eventually improve. :)

Dec 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
First of all, the TPR tests are much harder than the AAMC tests so your scores will probably be lower on them. My TPR scores were consistently about 3-4 points below my AAMC scores.

Unfortunately, you need to do the homework before starting the practice exams.

I would try to do some free standing questions to figure out what topics you are consistently missing. Also, review the topics that are giving you problems and make sure you completely understand the use of the equations. I would also do several practice passages before tackling another full length exam. TBR is the best for these. If you can't get the TBR Physics, make sure you do the practice passages in the TPR book.

I wouldn't take another practice test until you are SURE you have the content down and your practice passage scores are good (a "good" score to aim for is about 1 question wrong per passage).

Don't give up with the studying though. Your scores will eventually improve. :)
Thanks metalgirl for the advice. I just went over the AAMC exam and I realized that I missed few of the question I forgot the some of the stuff. I do admit I was not doing content reviewing everyday. I do have EK 1001 and i am thinking about doing some of those.
thanks alot