~~Please, need AMCAS help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saxisgr8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just finished writing up all the sections for AMCAS a few days ago, but I am having some trouble with the descriptions under the work/activities section. I asked my roomate to take a look at what i had written for my activities and he seemed to think that it was written too conversationally and like a narrative. I can't find an example of what these descriptions should look like anywhere, and I originally figured that it wasn't a research paper, it was a description of personal experience, so what is wrong with a narrative? IF anyone knows exactly how we should be writing or has any general tips for writing the descriptions, I would really appreciate the help.

~Michael Boniface
University of Florida
Music Major

Members don't see this ad.

For mine, I described my responsibilities, how long I partook in the activities, who I worked with and things of that nature....For my shadowing experiences, I wrote the dr name, the type of doc and what I say. For volunteering, I described what I did and how long I did it for and other random responsibilities I had...
There was a post a few weeks back and how people were writing thier descriptions...Do a search for it. It might give you some insight!
Hope that helps!

I described my duties and mentioned names and all that and then I wrote also what I got out of each experience. Kinda what things I learned and how I have developed into a better canidate because of them and how they will make me a better physician. That is what my advisor and others had suggested I do. Just an idea for you.