Please please help me with school list! (514, cGPA 4.0, sGPA 4.0)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

drnala15

1. cGPA: 4.0 sGPA 4.0
  2. MCAT: 514 (129/126/131/128)
  3. Kansas Resident
  4. White Female
  5. Top 20 Public University (member of honors college)
  6. Clinical Experience
    1. Volunteer in ED (75 hours)
    2. Medical Mission Trip Ambassador (50 hours)
    3. Nursing Assistant in Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (150 hours and counting)
  1. Research Experience
    1. Research Fellow in BSL II Microbiology Lab (studying antibiotic resistance) (350 hours and counting)
      1. 1st place presentation at regional conference
      2. Working on paper currently— plan to receive acknowledgment at least by fall
    2. Capstone Research Project on Social Justice Education Program
  2. Shadowing Experience
    1. ~100 hours shadowing
      1. 32— Family practice doctor
      2. 65— Various areas of hospital (GI Lab, Women's Care, Med-Act, Oncology, Respiratory Therapy, Labor and Delivery, Radiology, ER, Memory Care Unit, CCU, NICU, Mother/Baby, Interventional Radiology and Surgical ICU)
  3. Leadership
    1. Chair for Relay for Life for 2 years (been working on committee with position since before college 6 years total) (400 hours)
    2. Chair and Co-Founder of a campus blood donation advocacy group (host monthly blood drives) (175 hours)
  4. Other extracurricular activities
    1. Social Justice Educator— trained in diversity issues and dialogue facilitation, led dialogues for over 1000 incoming students (225 hours)
    2. Gay Straight Alliance Executive Board (80 hours)
      1. Helped plan university’s first Pride Week
    3. Level III Tutor/Tutor Mentor (150 hours)
    4. Sorority Scholarship Committee
    5. Summer internship in Public Affairs in underserved community (350 hours)
    6. Honors College Mentor (30 hours)
  5. Relevant honors or awards
    1. President’s List (every semester)
I really need help with my school list! Any constructive feedback is more than welcome-- here is what I have so far (I know it's a little top heavy, I was expecting a higher MCAT):

Boston University

Georgetown

Brown

Ohio State University

Tufts

SLU

George Washington

Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University

KUMED

Drexel

Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University

Rosalind Franklin Chicago Medical School

Loyola University

UMKC (KC)

Huuugeee Reaches (are any of these even worth applying to with my MCAT??)

Emory

Baylor

Vanderbilt

Wash U

Johns Hopkins

Northwestern

University of Chicago

University of Michigan

U Penn

U Pitt

Yale

Case Western Reserve

Members don't see this ad.

You're very likely to get into your state school. Are you really going to turn down your state school and that juicy IS tuition for schools like Drexel RFU and Temple? If not, remove them.

I would only apply OOS to schools you know there's a good chance you'd turn down KU for if accepted. If that means only applying to reaches and longer shot schools for you, that's fine.

Reactions: 1 users
That is a great point-- removing them now. So you don't think it's a waste of time/money to try for the reaches even with an MCAT below their average?

That is a great point-- removing them now. So you don't think it's a waste of time/money to try for the reaches even with an MCAT below their average?

It depends on your definition of reach. A school like a Penn will be a long shot. A school like Emory is probably worth an app as a reach if you think you'd go there over KU and its tuition

Reactions: 1 user