Please post your opinion on top 5 D-schools/5 worst D-schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dental school as a whole sucks, so it really does not matter where you go. If I where to rank them I would say the top 5 are the cheapest 5, and the worst 5 are the most expensive 5. Really who cares where you go.

Members don't see this ad.

Why all the hate for WVU? This year's Class of 2009 (pdf of class stats) took 11 out of 50 out-of-state-students. WVU is the only Dental School in the WV, so it has the responsibility first to educate dentists for this state. Morgantown (home of WVU) has been rated "Number 1 Small City in America". I'm a 1st year (class 2009) at WVU and I think the school is great. All I ever read on this forum are negative things about WVU's Dental School. There are so many misconceptions about the school just because its in WV and isn't the richest in the country. I get my first patients the fall of my second year, and I'm sure not all other schools do that. The clinic is being remolded, but the 3rd and 4th years, along with dental hygeine students, all get their required procedures in still. The facultly are all very knowledgable and strive to help us become the best dentists we can become. No, WVU is not going private and probably never will. Tuition for in state students is $10,000 a semester, which includes instruments. I could go on and on, but I gotta get to bed(Operative Dentistry class at 8am). If anyone has any questions about WVU, please PM me for correct information. Thanks :D

Good Luck to everyone applying to Dental School right now. :thumbup:

best school: MUSC
because JakeMUSC and Kniles5 go there! and hopefully Syn_apse!
Sorry, had to.

Members don't see this ad :)
jrsdsu said:
Wow, you think arizona is impressive, you have obviously not done your research from people who have interviewed there including myself. You couldnt pay me enough money to go there. :thumbdown:

why not enlighten me as to why arizona is so horrible. Where are you likely to attend?

top 5 schools:

1-cheapest state school in your state
2-cheaper state school in your state
3-cheap state school in your state
4-cheapest state school of another state (provided that it accepts people from your state)
5-affordable state school of another state

bottom 5:

any order with any 5 of the remaining schools...

hope that helped.... :)