Please post your stats if interviewed at UCSD, USC, UCSF, WHS, UOP, Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lcfan4ever

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI. I am California resident, as you might guess. Currently a sophmore in college. My dream to be accepted to a pharm school.

Please post your GPA, major, and any other good stuff. if you were interviewed or accepted to USC, WHS, Loma Linda, UCSD, UCSF, UOP

Thanks, i really appreciate your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Caverject said:
Pre-pharm is about to go the path of pre-allo....
only if i get to yell at everyone on here and tell them how obviously stupid they all are!

now that would be exciting

Members don't see this ad :)
lcfan4ever said:
HI. I am California resident, as you might guess. Currently a sophmore in college. My dream to be accepted to a pharm school.

Please post your GPA, major, and any other good stuff. if you were interviewed or accepted to USC, WHS, Loma Linda, UCSD, UCSF, UOP

Thanks, i really appreciate your time.

Okay, I will go first

Science GPA: 3.81
Non-Science GPA: 3.81
Education: BS in biochemistry, UCLA
PCAT : 96% (not required for california school, but I applied out-state)
EC: research in gene therapy studies based on HIV-constructed vectors, volunteer at hospital pharmacy, pre-pharmacy club, and fencing club
Accepted to UCSF

bump? this could be a page similar to the pre-allo's www.mdapplicants.com page to help out reapplicants and prospective applicants.

still waiting here but looks like a reapplicant.

:p This is my first post, here goes...

Overall GPA: 3.87
Education: BS in Pharmacology, UCSB
EC: work part-time at retail pharmacy as a pharmacy clerk, volunteer at hospital pharmacy, american red cross club, honor societies
Accepted to USC

i'll post my stat here anyway (although I did not get into UCSF or UCSD)

GPA:3.85
Major: BS in Bioengineering at UC Berkeley
EC: volunteered in Student Health Center, did some organic chemistry research, worked in school of public health, honor socities.
Interviewed at UOP and UCSD. Rejected by both UCSD and UOP. Don't know why.

**Update**

GPA: 3.57
Major: BS in Microbiology, UCSD
EC: Bio TA for 4 quarters, volunteered at ICU in hospital, volunteered at senior home/homeless shelter, research for 3 years (w/a paper submitted) at 2 different facilities, breast cancer education outreach, worked in school cafeteria and library, and no pharm experience
Thus far....: got interview offers from UCSD, UCSF, USC, UofP, and Purdue. Accepted to UCSF and USC. Still waiting on UCSD..but heck, I don't care anymore, I got my first choice already (UCSF for sheezy!)
G'luck when you do apply!

Aichihuahua said:
GPA: 3.57
Major: BS in Microbiology, UCSD
EC: Bio TA for 4 quarters, volunteered at ICU in hospital, volunteered at senior home/homeless shelter, research for 3 years (w/a paper submitted) at 2 different facilities, breast cancer education outreach, worked in school cafeteria and library, and no pharm experience
Thus far....: got interview offers from UCSD, UCSF, USC, UofP, and Purdue. Accepted to UCSF and USC. Still waiting on UCSD..but heck, I don't care anymore, I got my first choice already (UCSF for sheezy!)
G'luck when you do apply!

Dang...bunch of overachievers.. :smuggrin:

wow ya'll really are over achievers. pretty darn amazing..

gpa: 3.38

ucsd, b.s in biochemistry/cell biology

volunteer at pharmacy at ucsd free clinic 2 yrs, various research positions immunology, gasteroenterology, neuroscience in biotech and academic labs; 3 yrs, tutor at high school for math and biology-1 yr, pre pharmacy society- 3 yrs - officer for one year, pre-health club at school, shadowed lots of pharmacists

applied to 7 schools:ucsd, ucsf, uop, usc, oregon state, purdue, colorado
interviews offered at: ucsf, uop, usc, oregon, purdue
accepted at: usc, uop
going to attend: usc!

crest29, is that the same ucsd free clinic that ucsd pharm and med students work at? Have you ever seen them there?

That's pretty impressive that you got an interview at Purdue. I was going to apply, but then I spoke with the Dean on the phone and he said for out-of-state students, you pretty much had to have a 3.8+ to even be considered. Seeing that you had a 3.38, either he didn't have his facts straight or maybe all your ECs and LORS helped you out.

hey endless!
yeah the free clinics are a really really awesome experience. i tried out all three of them. pacific beach and downtown serve mostly the homeless population while the baker clinic sees many spanish speaking immigrants who dont' have health insurance. yeah i was suprised by my interview at purdue too, though.. the thought of going out to indiana sure isn't very impressive to me. . yeah! have a great time at ucsd. you're going to love it !

crest29 said:
hey endless!
yeah the free clinics are a really really awesome experience. i tried out all three of them. pacific beach and downtown serve mostly the homeless population while the baker clinic sees many spanish speaking immigrants who dont' have health insurance. yeah i was suprised by my interview at purdue too, though.. the thought of going out to indiana sure isn't very impressive to me. . yeah! have a great time at ucsd. you're going to love it !

You don't go to Indiana for the location.

You go for the sports! =D