Please Read: Advice From Former Mcat Lover

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProReduction

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No I don't love the MCAT. But seriously listen to my advice so that you don't make my mistakes.

I studied material 90% of my MCAT prep time and never really paid attention to the testing conventions. DO NOT DO THIS!!! I only took two (yes TWO!!!) full lengths before the actual exam. I did not test under strict conditions (took 20-30 minute breaks in between PS and VR and over an hour for lunch break), so my consequent 37/38 scores were not truly reflective of how I would score on test day.

I know many of you do not need this advice, but some do. If you aren't doing a prep course (as I did not), take as many practices as you can and strictly adhere to the exam timings.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

ProReduction said:
No I don't love the MCAT. But seriously listen to my advice so that you don't make my mistakes.

I studied material 90% of my MCAT prep time and never really paid attention to the testing conventions. DO NOT DO THIS!!! I only took two (yes TWO!!!) full lengths before the actual exam. I did not test under strict conditions (took 20-30 minute breaks in between PS and VR and over an hour for lunch break), so my consequent 37/38 scores were not truly reflective of how I would score on test day.

I know many of you do not need this advice, but some do. If you aren't doing a prep course (as I did not), take as many practices as you can and strictly adhere to the exam timings.

Good luck.
Excellent advice. Thanks for posting this.